Used by Owl-types and Miniwing.
Checks for the condition after applying damage from the move.
Animation is different if the move meets the condition and goes insta-kill. If it
going to kill the enemy, your pokemon will fly vertically right away and swoop down with a rather nice wind animation behind it. This unique animation is also a giveaway that the move has hit the opponent; you won't fly vertically and dive, then miss.
trumps Predatory Strike even if the condition is met, in case anyone is wondering.
Very effective against mechanical pets. U kill mechanical unit, he uses failsafe mechanism and dies again.
In 5.3 it deals double dmg instead killing pet, but it's still fatality for many pets (escpecially water pets, 50% moar flying dmg and 200% from this skill = ouch).
When you fight
that is owned by
and it sometimes causes 4572damage even when it has over 25% hp
After reading MetalGenocide's message i understood a bit better, but i still think its quite op..
, with a 2 turn longer cooldown, and different strengths and weaknesses.
Does the enemy pet have to be below 25% health before Predatory Strike's damage happens for the instant kill to occur, or can Predatory Strike's damage bring the enemy pet's health below 25%, and then the kill shot happens?
This skill is very useful when doing the "Beasts of Fable" daily. Most pets you fight only have 1.5-2k hp and often their direct counters will be good enough to defeat them. The beasts of fable will have near 1.5k hp when this move become "available" allowing you to quickly dispatch them.
as tooltip indicates , this has been drastically knackered .. it's simply same as any other 'execute' style was prior 5.3 . No longer instant kill for an under 25% , just double damage . :(
Anyone know the miss chance on this? Doesn't indicate like the others and I missed a few times with it.
Does anyone know what the hit chance is on this? Is it supposed to be 100%? My level 25 Brilliant Kaliri keeps missing with it against low-level opponents while I'm leveling other pets, and I don't know if I should submit it as a bug or what. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be 100% accuracy, especially given having a longer cooldown than Impale, but now I'm not so sure, and it doesn't say in the tooltip.
Correct me if I am wrong, but 444 Flying damage is more than 25% of any other pets health right? So why does the damage need to be doubled for a target with less that 25%?
Math for example. Opponent has max health of 1600, you do 1200 (75%) damage to it, leaving it with 400 (25%). Regardless of whether the damage is doubled or not, 444 Flying damage will always be greater than the 400 points of health left.
This attack has a bug, not sure if it's only with the Falcosaur Hatchlings. If your pet gets stuck, running in place in mid-air (or in the ground) for much longer than it should, don't leave the battle! Just open a window (Collections, Group Finder, Adventure Guide, any window will do) and it'll break your pet out of its glitch. Silly, I know. I hope this will help you!
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our