Archiereus of Flame, can be located inside the Ordon Sanctuary,
standing next to one of the four cauldrons
in the corners (randomly selected).
Kiting tip: Today a Shaman pulled him out of Ordon Sanctuary and managed to kite him way back down to Wrathion at the Celestial arena to get server people help killing him. Timeless Isle rare elites have no faction-specific tag so everybody is able to loot him. Also has a fixed 39mil HP that does not increase by the number of people killing.
There's another version of this mob that can be summoned at 3-Breeze Terrace with the same loot table but different ID.
If you're interested in this or any of the other rare elites on the timeless isle, head over to the
Wowhead Rare Elite Guide
for more information including maps and loot lists.
Okay, here's my guide to downing one of these guys. We had only a group of two and we killed the summoned version of him, but our strategy still applies.
1. First things first. Before you kill him, solo a bunch of the adds around him, namely the Kilnmasters and Chanters. The reason for this is that his abilities are all copied from them. The only hard part is that he combines the abilities of two different mobs which means there is a lot more to take care of. I can describe his mechanics all day long, but you're not going to get a feel for the fight unless you've taken each mechanic separately. Do not attempt to kill him unless at least one person in the group (make it yourself) can confidently solo a Kilnmaster/Chanter with 95% success rate.
2. Clear an area: regardless of whether you're killing him up top in Ordon Sanctuary or down below by the summoning stone, you're going to require a lot of room to kite and dodge. Clear the mobs both as practice for Archiereus of Flame and to give you some space. Watch out for patrols, for there are many in both areas.
3. Understanding the mechanic: Stuns and push backs don't work on him, and everything Archiereus of Flame does will two if not one-shot you. Do not bother with healers and tanks. This is not a fight for that. It's far more efficient to get an extra DPS instead. He has the below mechanics:
Blazing Blow (Kilnmaster): An uninterruptible cast-time AoE that creates a thin fan in front of him that hits you for about 300k (More than half your health). Sidestepping it is priority number one.
Eternal Kiln (Kilnmaster): A static, non attacking add that he summons which buffs his haste and damage, making every attack one shot. You will want to down this, but be careful. I find it helpful to avoid one Blazing Blow before switching targets to get into a rhythm. It is much harder to avoid BB during and immediately before and after the kiln because of tunnel vision and rhythm. Killing kilns activate any "on kill" abilities and heals you might have (Dark Succor, for example)
Flarecore Golem (Chanter): A slow-moving add that is too big to kill. You have to kite it, or it hits you for 100-200k on plate. Do not kite it straight back or you'll get BB to the face. Use a spiral out, or a S-shape pattern. You will get more than one golem at a time. They can also be stunned.
Fire Storm (Chanter): A "rain" mechanic that summons meteors over the a wide area. If you've killed any Jinyu rares in 5.0 you'll grasp this mechanic pretty fast. All it does is add to the chaos.
Cauterise (Chanter): An interruptible heal. This is the last in priority because it, strictly speaking, doesn't kill you. Interrupt it if you can, but don't sacrifice yourself for it. Slow and easy can still win the race
4. Working as a team: technically, this is a solo fight. He has no enrage mechanics and no melee hits. If you're patient, you can down him yourself. (You do have to burn him down as the 8th bulkiest mob on the island, more than even normal rare elites, behind Ordos, the Celestials, Evermaw and Vazuvius) However, a teammate speeds up the process and allows you to graveyard zerg him (the GY is quite close in both locations; closer by the summoning stone), as long as you don't all die to one mechanic.
5. Fatigue: this is perhaps the worst killer of them all, especially since it kills you at low enemy health. No matter how versed you are in the tactics and how good you are at your class, this is one hell of a fight; the mechanics are arguably more intense than any raid (one group wiper every ~3s or so), with no recourse to good healers or tanks. You will pull unexpected adds, die multiple times and stack up a repair bill. Keep it steady, don't let your anger or adrenaline get to you. Don't let a break in rhythm (since there is no phases or enrage, a rhythm is really important) throw you off. Don't despair if you miss a blazing blow or a cauterise. Bring friends who are willing to stick through with wipes. Two is more than enough, but the more the merrier.
This rare NPC shares a name with the other
Archiereus of Flame
, which is spawned using a
Scroll of Challenge
at Three-Breeze Terrace.
This one does
count toward completing the
The Archiereus of Flame
So, can you only loot 1 of these a day?
Can you get the Elixir of Ancient Knowledge from this NPC when he's the summonable version? I've read no, I need confirmation.
It is important to note that you can only loot this boss once a day. Probably to stop people spamming the challenge scrolls.
i got one on my level 85 warlock which dropped off the summoned version.
i just dinged 85 and went to the timeless isle to tag the celestial for a chance to get some good loot for when im level 90 which it did and dropped the 553 pve legs so was happy about that and then i saw on my minimap this rare was up and so tagged it then this dropped.
i sent it to my level 70 DK and was getting 100-200k a quest and leveled to 75 in the hour.. i could of got to 76-77 but wasted half my time in orgrimmar catching the zepplin and flight paths.
I have figured out a great trick to kill this guy. As i play with 200+ ping, avoiding the blazing blows as melee wasn't too easy and the fact that i play when the server is quiet. I got frustrated n such.
So to the point.
BTW this mainly works for Horde (alliance can do it too but would take a hell of a lot longer.)
Kite the Archiereus of Flame to Huojin Landing (For those wondering. It's where the flight master to go back to pandaria is.)
Essentially what happens is, once one of his attacks hits a Huojin Sentry the sentry will aggro onto him.
The best part is!
The sentries are immune to any form of damage from AI mobs. I don't know why but they take 0 damage from AI mobs. they will tank and kill it.
IT WILL TAKE AGES. but you can just stand out of range of his attacks and go eat or something. there is a total of 6 Sentries that will attack him.
But if all works they will *!@# on him and you get a free kill. If you're ranged dps u can attack him to speed up the process. you can do the same for melee but u might die from spells and such.
Hope this helps the people who needed the kill but cant get a group :)
Note to transmog hunters:
The staff this NPC wields resembles:
>>>> This staff is a random trash drop from
Tips on farming this item:
1) Krol the Blade
Elixir of Ancient Knowledge from
Krol the Blade
(respawns 35-50 minutes in NE Dread Wastes).
Macro for instant Krol the Blade tag upon spawn (it is often camped - try to use ability that doesn't need you to face target and has 40 yard range. Stand at tree with eggs/3 spider web lines and spam macro - can reach most spawn points from here):
/Target Krol the Blade
Tip: If you have a guildie/friend/2nd account, you can have that person tag the rare, stay alive until you sign in/get there, invite you, then both characters eligible to roll off on it. I used a second account to do this a few times.
2) Daily Archierius kill
Elixir of Ancient Knowledge also drops from Ordon Sanctuary
Archierius of Flame
lootable once per day (respawns 45-90min) - the area that you need legendary cloak to get into. I can solo him as 576 ret, it's rather hard, get a group instead. Clear area, max range ability to pull without aggroing high priests. Loot is still per person even if in a group so don't worry about rolling off against others in your group for the Elixir). (The Three Breeze Terrace Summoned Arch is just a copy of this guy)
Archierius of Flame
in Three Breeze Terrace (can only summon once and loot summoned Archierius once (per 90 character)- use 500 Timeless Coins for Scroll of Challenge from Vendor near Emperor Shaohao - requires Honored Rep with Emperor Shaohao to purchase - on east side of Celestial Court, goto Three Breeze Terrace NW of Celestial Court and click rock to summon him. If you don't have rep ask in general for someone to summon for you (tip. If you have rep but need coins, kill Evermaw, the summoned ship (both 60 min respawn timers - RareCoordinator addon tracks their time since last death if you want it), Huolon, or Cinderfall/other rares to get coins. (Big rare mobs drop 1k+ coins)
TLDR: Park a geared alt at Krol the Blade spawn, note time of death, come back 30 minutes later to wait for next respawn. During those 30 minutes swap to main and go and kill Archierius of Flames on Timeless Isle. I got 3 flasks in 24 kills of Krols/Archieriuses.
I'm sure many people are coming here to see if he is soloable. The answer is yes and he's still a jerk and doesn't drop the elixer.
I have read through the comments and there is a lot of confusion about this NPC being lootable only once a day so i have tested it today on my druid. I killed him 7 times in total and he was only lootable the first time. He dropped only coins that first time. People were speculating that as long as he doesn't drop an item or the elixir you could loot it again that same day until u get an actual item. It seems that is not the case.
Confirmed, can still loot Elixir after multiple kills on same day. Did twice today on two different toons.
Was the drop rate reduced significantly since the pre-patch? I've been farming it on my other characters, but once the pre-patch hit, I haven't gotten any to drop. I used to get about 2-4 a week.
Was the last rare kill I needed for the achievement. Instead of summoning, I stood outside the sanctuary and sent my pet in to kill it. Counted for the achievement.
Tuto for killing it solo by playing a class without PET
Archiereus of Flame
must be spawned in the southeast or southwest corner of Ordos Shrine
- Relatively fast load time to launch WOW and connect a character
- Buy 2
goblin glider kit
- Create a character in trial mode of the hunter class
- Log in on this character, use the hearthstone directly to tp yourself to orgri and take the TP to pandaria.
- Go back to your main character, go to a mailbox and send a
goblin glider kit
to the newly created trial mode hunter.
- Reconnect to the trial mode hunter, open your mail (there is a mailbox at the TP arrival point from orgri)
- Take your flying mount and fly to the island of frozen time, get enough height to use the
goblin glider kit
by the time you are demounted and arrive in front of the entrance to Ordos shrine. Do not try to land inside it or you will be TP'd at the entrance of the island. Position yourself in front of the entrance of the shrine (south) without going in, and change character again.
- Do the same manipulation with your main character, place it using the
goblin glider kit
in front of the south entrance of the shrine, then go back to the trial hunter.
- With the hunter, unequip all your stuff, place your pet in passive mode and send it to attack
Archiereus of Flame
. Move along the wall, staying outside and moving towards Archiereus, otherwise the pet will disappear because it is too far away from you.
- Once the pet has the aggro of the rare, make it move towards you so that it stops attacking, turn your back to the rare and press ALT+F4.
- Relaunch wow and connect to your main character, it is already in position, you just have to kill the rare. Bravo !
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
杀死此 NPC 后您可获得：
Mists of Pandaria: Reputation Quick Facts
Wowhead's Guide to Shaohao Reputation
Wowhead's Guide to the Timeless Isle
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our