This is the new boss in Scarlet Monastery (actually
, because Armory will be merged with Cathedral), who will replace good, old
A beta video showing the fight and explaining his abilities:
The reason it says 25 and 10 man is because it is confused about the fact it is heroic now.
can be easily dispelled with
. I haven't tested similar abilities like
, but i'm assuming they work too.
doesn't work with the boss. So don't bother using it, and if your party members yell at you. Tell them to go to hell. Because it doesn't work.
Tank him near the entrance to his room. When he uses his blades of light he will jump back to the center of the room and then whirlwind back up the stairs towards you.
This gives you a chance to have your grp jump down as he's approaching and not get caught in it (and killed).
His Blades of Light ability is visually buged and will pull you in when he's not spinning or when you aren't even close to him.
Does anyone know what gear he's wearing? I reeeally want to transmog to this. All I know is that the axe drops from him and the helmet is the warrior heroic t12.
This is generally the only boss I've seen that ever causes issues in standard runs. He's not all that hard, but his mechanics can cause a few issues. Here's some ways to deal with them:
1) At least at the start of the fight, you want to tank the boss at the top of the stairs as this will make his first whirlwind phase trivial (explained later).
2) The adds that spawn are a little more annoying than they seem at first. They have an armor buff that absorbs a certain amount of damage; they will take no damage until the armor is broken (visibly noticeable by them appearing naked rather than armored). The main problem with this is tanking; this also means they take no threat from damage-dealing abilities and will often stick to the healer. There's two ways to deal with this. The first is to simply taunt the adds, though the cooldown on Taunt may not allow this to be enough to grab them all. Second, you can use threat abilities that don't do damage, an example being a monk's Dizzying Haze (the thrown ability, not the effect of Keg Smash), which does no damage but does threat nonetheless.
3) The boss will have a stacking damage done buff over time. If you can kill him fast, this isn't a big deal, but if you're in a slow group make sure someone dispels this as he can hit pretty hard if it stacks too high.
4) When the boss does his whirlwind ability, he'll jump to the bottom of the room and then do some movement in the center circle. He'll then come up the outer stairs. When he does this, jump down to the center area and then hug the wall in between the two inner stairs (the shorter set); he won't return here in that cycle. Doing this makes dodging the ability fairly trivial. If the boss is at low health, just leave him here when he's done and kill him; if not, pull him back to the top of the steps and repeat. Dragging to the top of the steps may seem annoying, but adds will keep spawning, and if you tank him in the center of the room, you'll find that add pickup is quite hard.
5) If you can tolerate the add damage (which you often can), try to ignore them until a whirldwind phase. If you do the phase as stated in #4 and don't jump down until the last minute, all the adds will get hit by the tornado, which rips off their armor and makes killing them a lot easier. This won't make a difference if you're doing this on heroic with a half-decent group or on challenge mode, but if dps is struggling for either of these reasons, not wasting damage breaking the armor can go a long way.
This boss is difficult because of Blades of light. It is the killer of most pugs and the one and only thing you have to avoid. The group should stand at the very top of the stairs. The tank should go down to taunt him and kite him 1/2 way up the circular stair case (either side). When he does his blades of light he will jump down to the very bottom and start doing a circle around the lower level and then start heading up the circular stair case. When he starts everyone should be at the top of the stairs (the entrance into the room) or move there and jump down once he starts coming up the stairs. He finishes blades of light at the top and jumps down at which time the tank taunts and kites him back to the middle of the circular stair case till he does it again. If a player gets caught at the beginning of the blades it is guaranteed death. If they dont remember to jump down but are at least at the top of the stairs they will only be damaged for 1-2 seconds and might survive.
out of his
Blades of Light
I am getting an issue when soloing:
When you get caught up in his blades of light, once he's done spinning and goes back down, I cannot move at all or use any abilities. I see both the boss and myself in attacking motions in the middle of the room (my prot warrior suddenly using his one-h sword as a two-handed) and I have to wait about 15 secs before I get control of myself again.
Could this be an issue with 6.0?
I had the same problem trying to solo him as a lvl 35 pally. I got caught and stunned. I did tank at the door, jumped down, but got caught at the end of the phase. Instead of just a few seconds stun it went on for around 15 seconds of stun were I was unable to press any button. During that time your health still drops (maybe from the adds).
One of those times I got him down to 134 health before his first cast of Blades of Light. To avoid the problem you end up in a dps race. If you can kill him before his first cast of BoL it shouldn't be a problem at all. I think most tanking classes above 35 (37/38) with heirlooms should be able to.
If I rotated (view) I end up in an empty green grasfield with no buildings at all and the only thing visible is the nameplates of the mobs. I tried 4 times and all 4 times the same result. Ending up in the green grasfield sounds like a bug. It wasn't that bad there except the dying.
With 7.0.3, every transmog collector will be farming this guy 10 times an hour on either plate or mail wearer to get the Scarlet Tabard. The newly introduced
at Darkmoon Fair will now sell you the complete
Ensemble: Scale of the Scarlet Crusade
Ensemble: Chain of the Scarlet Crusade
Cropped Tabard of the Scarlet Crusade
. Happy Farming.
Solo'd as a 27 prot paladin in bop gear (no heirlooms). Aside from making sure I was at the top of the stairs by the time blades of light started each time, the key was to DPS the boss at all costs, otherwise he starts to do too much damage late in the fight (much more than the adds do). During blades of light keep DPS'ing the boss with ranged abilities, don't even bother with the adds at that point, except for positioning them such that he will run into them during blades of light (which will kill them). During the normal phase kill adds with cleave. Save survival cooldowns for the end of the fight.
Note: for a warrior, and an armsmaster in particular, he has way too many cloth sandals on him.
Can confirm - Just got the tabard on my 32nd run on heroic. gl
Quick reminder: this guy exists in both normal and heroic versions. Ironically, the tabard is ONLY available from him on NORMAL difficulty. Do not bother spamming the heroic version of this dungeon. He doesn't drop the tabard on heroic.
武器大师哈兰 <The Ravager>
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
当武器大师哈兰的生命值降低至50%，他会进入狂暴之怒状态。在这之后的每3秒，武器大师哈兰造成的伤害提高(2 * 2)%。
杀死此 NPC 后您可获得：
Pandaria Dungeons + Scenarios Achievement Guide
Secrets of Eastern Kingdoms
Wowhead's Darkmoon Faire Guide
Wowhead Tabard Guide
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our