On a side note Yor himself is stupidly easy. Just a simple tank and spank. Only special ability is a breath attack. Pretty much the same breath attack all core hound type mobs use in the game.
The loot is boe too, with the exception of the rings, so at least if you don't need it someone can sell it.
How do you summon this boss? My guild did heroic Mana Tombs Post Patch and never saw this guy.
Note the rings are not a 100% drop chance, killed him 3-4 times now and only had a BOE item drop.
Yor can be summoned and fought prior to end boss.
hmm...well well...but what exactly is the pre quest for this boss?I was looking everywhere but can't find it!
Easy mode boss, and the drops reflect that. But hey, a free badge, and BoE loot that you can peddle to less fortunate people on the AH, I'm not complaining.
The ability to "summon" Yor, or rather, unlock his stasis chamber, is gained through the comlpetion of a long and extremely time consuming (if you're doing it on your own anyway) quest line that begins with this quest:
Stupid question, maybe, but... Is it possible for me to open the chamber with my main (Consortium exalted with key) and then die or reset it somehow so I can get my alt in for the fight/loot?
What exactly happens when he resets/a party wipes? He goes back to the chamber? Never wiped on him yet... LoL
Yor drops some of the best rings in the game. I hardly see how his drops "suck".
Currently the object used to summon him, Nexus Prince Shaffar's Personal Stasis Chamber, is bugged. It looks like a big pink bubble, one that by this time a player exalted with consortium is well used to opening, but with a sick twist. It cannot be clicked to opened.
You can only open the bubble by finding an extremely small spot on it, about one pixel in size, where the interaction 'cog' appears and lets you use the object. It took me a good 20 minutes to find it, and next time I go it'll take just as long. It's that stupid.
Suggestion for players: spend your time between wipes looking for it.
Suggestion for Blizzard: Authorize GMs who can spawn him for players who don't want to deal with your buggy objects and useless email responses to tickets.
Atm After patch 2.3 his chamber is a little buggy.
It almost looks as tho u cant summon him but if u click all around the base of the chamber u might find the spot to activate the fight.
Took me about 1 min to find the spot to click
Rightclicking the key and waiting for the hand to light up while searching the base worked for me. Had no luck finding a cogwheel at the base. Was facing S/E when I found it (back against most of the room).
Just 3 man this boss, easiest way to get a badge of justice. And a random blue thats BoE
1 Tank prot(full epic)
1 Rogue daggers (some epic, most blues)
1 Shaman resto (full gladiator, me)
With the quest I just had to summon three elites to get the mark of the nexus king in Blade's Edge. Did a MT run with my guildie, and got exhaulted after the 1st boss. Once we did the last boss, I HSed to shatt, turned in the pre-quest for Yor - and since I got exhaulted I got the key to summon him right away.
Got 2 badges from the daily, 4 from bosses and 5 from the Yor quest= 11 badges from one heroic run, not bad at all
To open the chamber, I stood next to it and swung my camera overhead so I was looking down at it. Much of the top surface seemed to be activatable.
Does Yor give any reputation with Consortium for killing him?
I am trying to figure out the best use for Ethereum Prison Keys for the jump to exalted. Each key is worth 250 rep individually, unless you are unlucky and get an NPC who gives reputation with one of the other factions (rarity in my experience). You can also turn in 5 for 500 rep, a Stasis Chamber Key, and a chance at a Mark of the Nexus King, which is used to summon Yor before you are exalted with Consortium.
Straight up from what I know, using Prison Keys to get ID Tags is better reputation, but I don't know if the Stasis Chamber mobs give reputation, nor how much Yor does if you're lucky enough to get a mark. Can anyone shed some light on these numbers?
Misty illusions hiding his famous destiny...
Hunter from the Future?
Hey guys how much hp does he have?
Yor's world,heeeeeeeeeee's the maaaaaan!
*whispers* *he never sees the sun...* even though he runs through a desert in bright daylight like a %^&.
Killing Yor does not provide any rep towards The Consortium. (at least at the Revered level I can't say for lower)
Yor drops one of:
Slatesteel, Mistshroud, Skystalker and Windchanneller's are items with a matched appearance (but no set bonus) to a whole outfit of each armor type. The legs are the only other BOE piece of the collections and all require some kind of difficult-to-gather TBC reputation item.
Shoulders: common drop from
Belt & bracer: rare drop from Skettis minibosses (
Legs: common drop from
Helm & gloves: contained in the class-specific geodes sold by
Boots: rare drop from ordinary Ethereum Prison monsters
Getting a full set is a pretty serious time sink, but they look good without being too flashy, great candidates to transmogrify. There are some one-off pieces that match, but they're widely scattered through TBC content and some items with matching models are not the same armor type.
He's gonna make all them white bees look tame tonight! In his fiiiiiiii-iiiiiiiiight!
8: They say every dog has his day, but this hound has been long since forgotten--even the prince he shares a dungeon with has probably forgotten him. He was optional after all.
This is the answer!
I am assuming this is not a tamable mob in game =(
I didn't forget about you, Yor. :)
Funny thing, a week ago I was farming Yor for the cloth chest piece he drops, a week later he appears as one of the easter eggs in wowhead xD
Is the quest still needed to summon him after 4.3 ? i know they changed the dungeons around and moved quests to other places ect... in this patch.
Killing Yor will not allow you to reset the instance to grind for keys.
@WarcraftDevs if you have
, will you be able to summon
- Yes, and his loot will scale to suit your natural level like other boss loot.
Here is my experience summarized on how to get this item. I just did it on one of my characters to prepare for Timewalking in patch 6.2.
Before you start you might consider purchasing the required materials that will be required further into the quests. It can help reduce farm and speed up completion. At some point you'd need to turn in 10x
, but in addition you'd need one extra to continue the quest chain. So if I were you, buy at least 10 of these from the Auction House. Though this is not required, just saves you perhaps an hour of farm in total (if unlucky like me.)
Anyway start by doing these quests in the following order:
(repeatable, do once)
(repeatable, do once)
(repeatable, do once)
One tip to greatly increase the speed of the farm is to actually enter Heroic
because you can farm the last boss indefinitely. He will first spawn
and these mobs will spawn
and these give 10 rep in Normal, and 21 rep in Heroic. If you have 4 hours to kill spamming one macro, basically create this:
/targetexact Ethereal Apprentice
/use Battle Standard of Coordination
I've included the
to speed up the process. Also helps you not forget to spawn it once it is off cooldown and the old one despawns.
Once Exalted you can go to
and complete the final quest
(only requires Exalted, nothing else) for
and you can spawn
each time you visit the instance - no need to farm keys for one time use consumables.
With a friend, I have finally discovered the dog race Yor belong to!
It's a Yor...shire
As mentioned above, Yor can be summoned in Timewalking dungeons, thus giving you an extra 5 badges toward your total.
Also, while his chestpieces are BoE in Heroic Mana Tombs, they are BoP in Timewalking dungeons.
Anyone regularly farming Yor and suddenly getting no worthwhile drops? I have been farming Yor over a few years and have noticed in the last 10 kills (all in the last 2 weeks) I am getting no armour drops at all. Before this, I would estimate that getting no armour drops would happen at a rate of around 1 in 10 pretty consistently. I know RNG is part of the deal but this seems so inconsistent.
In case you are having problems figuring out just how to summon Yor like I did, I made this guide for dummies (like me) once I finally got it.
Step-by-Step Guide to obtaining the Key to summon Yor in Mana-Tombs.
Note - You will need a minimum of 11 Ethereum Prison Keys to complete the quest line.
An easy way to obtain these is by running to Heroic Mana-Tombs. They will not drop until after
completing the quest "A Mission of Mercy"
They can drop from any mob with exception of the Mana Leeches. You usually get 3-6 per run.
1. Fly to The Stormspire in Netherstorm.
2. Go to the tallest building and accept the quest "Seek out Ameer" from Protectorate Advisor Rahim (45.8, 36.3)
3. Fly to Protectorate Watch Post in Netherstorm and turn in quest to Commander Ameer (59.5, 32.4)
4. Accept the quest "A Mission of Mercy" from him.
Note - You might also accept the quest "The Eternium" since you will be killing the same mobs anyway.
5. Fly to Ethereum Staging Grounds (57, 37) and start killing mobs until you loot the Salvaged Ethereum Prison Key.
6. Return to Commander Ameer (59.5, 32.4) and turn in quest. Ameer uses the Ethereum Prison Key on the Salvaged Ethereum Prison next to him.
7. Accept the next quest "Ethereum Secrets" from him.
8. Return to Ethereum Staging Grounds (54.6, 40) and open any of the Ethereum Prisons by clicking on it. This will require 1 Ethereum Prison Key.
9. Once opened, the prisoner freed will turn hostile. Kill it and obtain the quest item Ethereum Prisoner I.D. Tag.
10. Return to Commander Ameer (59.5, 32.4) and turn in quest .
11. Accept the next quest "A Thousand Worlds" from him.
Note - This quest requires you to be revered with The Consortium before it is available.
12. Complete the quest. This requires 5 Ethereum Prison Keys.
13. Accept the next quest "Stasis Chambers of Bash'ir" from him.
14. Fly to Bash'ir Landing in Blade's Edge Mountain (51.2, 11.7).
15. Complete the quest by clicking on the Stasis Chamber Alpha.
16. Once opened, the prisoner freed will turn hostile. Kill it and obtain the quest item Evidence from Alpha.
17. Fly to the Image of Commander Ameer (52.9, 15) to turn in the quest.
18. Accept the quest "The Mark of the Nexus-King" from him.
19. Accept the repeatable quest "Purging the Chambers of Bash'ir" from him.
20. Complete the quest to obtain the Ethereum Stasis Chamber Key. This requires 5 Ethereum Prison Keys.
21. Fly to the Ethereum Stasis Chamber close by - usually in clusters of 3 and click on one the Chambers.
22. Once opened, the prisoner freed will turn hostile. Kill it and obtain the quest item Mark of the Nexus-King from it. Hopefully you get it on first attempt, otherwise you need to return to Image of Commander of Ameer (52.9, 15) to get another Ethereum Stasis Chamber Key from him which requires another 5 Ethereum Prison Keys.
23. Return to Image of Commander of Ameer (52.9, 15) and turn in quest.
24. Accept the quest Stasis Chambers of the Mana-Tombs from him.
25. Go to Mana-Tombs which is north entrance at Ring of Observance in Terokkar Forrest (39.6, 62.3)
26. Enter Mana-Tombs (Heroic mode) and go to the Mana-Tombs Stasis Chamber (in the room after Pandemonius)
27. Click on the chamber to complete the quest.
28. Return to return to the Image of Commander of Ameer in Blade's Edge Mountains (52.9, 15) and turn in quest.
29. Accept the quest "The Eye of Haramad" from him.
30. He will give you The Eye of Haramad which is the final step and the permanent key to summon Yor. This item must be in your bags in order to summon Yor. If you lose it you can return to Image of Commander of Ameer in Blade's Edge Mountains (52.9, 15) and he will give you another one.
For owners of
: You need to have this key in your bags in order to let
out. It wont work if you have the key stored safe and sound in the bank.
尤尔 <Void Hound of Shaffar>
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
Hidden Secrets of Outland
Mana-Tombs (Timewalking) Dungeon Strategy Guide
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our