Elders of the Horde
achievement is correct, this NPC's name has been changed to Elder Wheathoof (which I would guess to be another
to Ezra Chatterton since it would likely be the ancestor of Ahab).
take the elivator in the north. There are no guards below, but there are above, so stay on your mount.
Run into the building to the left when you get up, then just keep on running across the bridge. you wil see the light from the lunar vendors. he is behind that in between the trees.
good luck, and is you have some kind of slow fall, you exit is much easier.
Engineers can take the advantages of the cloaking device and the parachute.
Ezra Wheathoof is a new Elder for Thunder Bluff. He is named after the real-life kid who passed away. You can read about it
. High marks for Blizzard, for immortalizing this brave soul within the game he loved.
As for getting to him, it's pretty easy. Just stay mounted the entire ride, and it helps if you have a Horde toon to scout out the path ahead of time. As soon as you turn in the quest, just continue riding off into the sunset. Jump off the cliff if you have a bubble or slow fall. Use a similar strategy for elders that are near hostile NPCs...ride straight to them, and immediately take off once you've completed the task.
No need to jump. Just use your scroll to port to Moonglade.
Has any one else notice it has a Phoenix Hatchling next to him?
that's the Rogue way ;)
Truly. This is the greatest tribute in video game history.
Rest well, Ezra, and soar on the wings of the phoenix.
Lok'tar Ogar Ezra! Live on in peace.
For the Horde!
I was lucky when I did this on Alli, just as I entered another Alli player was exiting and had aggro on all the guards, so I was able to run past. I went to the Elder, completed, jumped down and used bubble ^^
Who would have thought, that there will be so many honor, in a simple game like that. And by honor, I do not mean the one you get from killing enemy players, I mean REAL honor, that touches your heart, and stays in your memory.
I started from the memorial of Koiter, and I ended up reading stories, that put pain in my chest. I have played this game from around 7 years, and had no idea that there is so deep meaning in simple things like that. Which leads me to an idea, that will ease my pain, and most likely the pain of others.
On each of their respective birthdays, and the days that all of them have died, aswell during the Day Of The Dead, I will go to all of their memorials, and give respect to their deaths. I will bring along friends, and tell them who those people are, and how they died. It will be good from all of you, to do the same. Because, when few words are spoken, or wrote on a small piece of paper, they with ease fade into the abyss of time, but, when many, many words are wrote, they become a book, and a book, can be passed down with centuries and milleniums. We, the people that respect those who have died, are the words. Let us find more people, and make a whole book with them, so the honor of those who have died, be remembered for as long as possible.
Let us now bow and kneel to the dead ones, because, no one shall escape from that, be it king, or be it simple harvester. I will post this around, and make more people see this. Let us do something, that we can be proud of, let us show to the families and close friends, that we, the ones that play this game, care a lot.
P.S. : Message created by DarkTroll, a Private Server player, that cannot effort to play in Retail. One Must Die To Be Reborn, those have died, and shall be reborn, by this memorial. When titles, races, sides, weapons and armors are removed, we are all just mortal people.
Same place after shattering, no agro from horde guards here either...suprisingly.
One guard specifically casts a nasty spell, dismounting shot. It got me just before I landed. I died halfway down the cliff, had to run around TB, jump back off, resurrect in mid-air, rinse, repeat. I suggest you either move quickly, or fly more inland and less alongside the cliff :)
/way Thunder Bluff 73 23 Elder Ezra Wheathoof
I have confirmed all locations of the elders. This is essentially the final version after using MMO-Champion as a guinea pig.
I went to this effort because the official Wowhead Lunar Festival guide is still incomplete
(when this post was made last year)
. Please, only reply to this post if a link does not work or leads to the wrong page; or if there is some other mistake I need to be made aware of. Thank you. :)
_______Elders of Kalimdor__________
- Darkshore - 49.5, 18.9 (west side of Lor'danel)
- Felwood - 38.4, 52.9 (south from entrance of tower)
- Winterspring - 53.2, 56.6 (south-eastern side of Lake Kel'theril)
- Everlook, Winterspring - 59.8, 49.6
- Azshara - 64.7, 79,4 (feet of Ravencrest Monument)
- Dolanaar, Teldrassil - 56, 53 (near the flight master)*
- Astranaar, Ashenvale - 35.5, 48.4 (inside a gazebo)
- Razor Hill, Durotar - 53, 43.7 (next to flight master)
- Ratchet, Northern Barrens - 68.7, 69.9 (left of ugly goblin building)
- The Crossroads, Northern Barrens - 48.8, 58.8 (sort of near flight master)
- Bloodhoof Village, Mulgore - 48.2, 53 (near the bridge)
Elder High Mountain
- Vendetta Point, Southern Barrens - 41.5, 47.5 (southern end)
- Lariss Pavilion, Feralas - 76.7,37.6 (north of Camp Mojache)
- (The Maul) Dire Maul, Feralas - 62.6, 31.1 (in the arena, NOT instanced)
- Cenarion Hold, Silithus - 53.1, 34.9 (standing in moonwell)
- The Slithering Scar, Un'goro Crater - 50, 76 (... bugs. I hate bugs.)
- Gadgetzan, Tanaris - 51.4, 28.8 (southern side of cage)
- Fizzle and Pozzik's Speedbarge - 77.1, 75.6 (corner of southern attached barge. Not hard to spot.)
- Freewind Post, Thousand Needles - 46.3, 51 (left side of the inn)
- Tanaris - 37.2, 79 (sandwiched between stone columns)
- The Crystal Vale, Silithus - 30.8 13.12 (north part of the camp)
_______Elders of Eastern Kingdoms_______
- Light's Hope Chapel, Eastern Plaguelands - 75.7,54.6 (next to wall & near quartermaster npc)
- Crown Guard Tower, Eastern Plaguelands - 35.6, 68.8 (inside the tower)
- Scholomance, Western Plaguelands - 69.2, 73.4 (top of Scholomance building)
- The Weeping Cave, Western Plaguelands - 63.5, 36.1 (inside the cave, follow middle path)
- Brill, Tirisfal Glades - 61.9, 53.9 (south entrance to the village)
- The Sepulcher, Silverpine Forest - 45, 41.1 (next to some grave stones, easy to find)
- The Creeping Ruin, The Hinterlands - 50, 48 (highest mound o' dirt)
- Thelsamar, Loch Modan - 33.3, 46.5 (outskirt of the village, overlooking it)
- Kharanos, Dun Morogh - 53.9, 49.8 (standing next to the inn, building w/ big keg on top of it :)
- Dreadmaul Rock, Burning Steppes - 70.1, 45.4 (southeast side of Dreadmaul Rock, a little below the pinnacle)
Phasing issue has been hotfixed. (
- Flame Crest, Burning Steppes - 53.6, 24.5 (just west of the Flame Crest ramp, easy to spot)
- Blackchar Cave, Searing Gorge -21.3, 79.1 (outside the entrance to cave)
- Goldshire, Elwynn Forest - 39.8, 63.7 (outskirt of the village, near the smithy and a pond)
- Sentinel Hill, Westfall - 56.6, 47.1 (top of a tower, couple of lvl 30 Alliance NPCs)
- Zul'Gurub, Northern Stranglethorn - 71, 34.3 (southeast of where the raid instance portal used to be)
- Booty Bay, The Cape of Stranglethorn - 40, 72.5 (standing on bank rooftop)
- Blasted Lands - 54.3, 49.5 (in the vicinity of the Dark Portal, standing next to a couple o' kegs ;)
_______Elders of the Horde__________
- Orgrimmar - 52.4, 60.0 (next to the flight master)
- Elder Rise, Thunderbluff - 73, 23.7 (between two trees)
- Undercity - 66.6, 37.8 (back and left of the throne in the throne room)
_______Elders of the Alliance_________
- Darnassus - 39.2, 31.9 (in Cenarion Enclave; watch out for the patrolling mounted guard)*
- Ironforge - 28.1, 17 (The Mystic Ward. Fly low so mounted guards won't dismount you w/ their guns!)
- Stormwind (technically Elwynn Forest) - 34,50 (outside & southeast of the Gates of Stormwind)
You do not need to take the boat from Stormwind if you have old-world flying. Just find the point of water (it's "near" Lor'danel) that sticks out the most, point your character in the direction of Rut'theran Village and fly a straight line. I made it at 280% speed with plenty of breathing room. Also, if you have old world flying, just fly up and over the tree stump. DON'T use the teleporter. As a normal-dungeons 85 DK, I was gibbed. Non-flyers – prepare to corpse run.
_______Elders of Northrend__________
copied and pasted from
, with additional formatting by me.
- D.E.H.T.A. Encampment, Borean Tundra - 57.4, 43.7 (west side of camp, easy to spot)
- Transitus Shield (Coldarra), Borean Tundra - 33.8, 34.4 (back of the camp)
- Warsong Hold, Borean Tundra - 41.9, 49 (overlooking Mightstone Quarry north of hold)
- Valiance Keep, Borean Tundra - 59.1, 65.6 (northeast corner, just outside wall)
- Stars’ Rest, Dragonblight - 29.7, 55.9 (southeast corner of Alliance camp, guaranteed to flag Horde players)
- Agmar’s Hammer, Dragonblight - 35.1, 48.3 (near southwest entrance to village)
- Mo’aki Harbor, Dragonblight - 48.8, 78.2 (area between the two docks)
- Westfall Brigade Encampment, Grizzly Hills - 60.6, 27.7 (west outskirt of camp)
- Ruins of Tethys, Grizzly Hills - 80.5, 37.1 (ruined building between three islands)
- Camp Oneqwah, Grizzy Hills - 64.2, 47 (east ridge overlooking camp)
- Wintergrasp Fortress, Wintergrasp - 49, 13.6 (inside fortress, faction must have control)
- River’s Heart, Sholazar Basin - 49.8, 63.6 (near the camp)
- (Rainspeaker Rapids), Sholazar Basin - 63.8, 49 (behind the Avatar of Freya, can’t miss)
- Frosthold, Storm Peaks - 28.9, 73.7 (east side overlooking outpost)
– K3, Storm Peaks - 41.2, 84.7 (east of flight master)
- Camp Tunka’lo, Storm Peaks - 64.6, 51.3 (along path leading to camp)
- Bouldercrag’s Refuge (Snowdrift Plains), Storm Peaks - 31.3, 37.6 (inside the cave)
- Zim’Torga, Zul'Drak - 58.9, 56 (northwest corner of outpost)
_______Elders of Cataclysm__________
- Nordrassil, Mount Hyjal - 62.5, 22.8 (to the right of Stormwind portal)
- Sanctuary of Malorne, Mount Hyjal - 26.7, 62.1 (hard to miss)
- (Khartut's Tomb) Uldum - 65.5, 18.7 (east side, on descending flight of stairs)
- Ruins of Ammon, Uldum - 31.6, 63.0 (many yards northwest of large brazier in center courtyard)
- Thundermar Ruins, Twilight Highlands - 51.9, 33.1 (kinda east of the southern-most house icon that's still part of Thundermar on map)
- Dunwald Ruins (Dunwald Town Square), Twilight Highlands - 50.9, 70.5 (LOT of
s flying above;
patrols on path nearby)
- Temple of Earth, Deepholm - 49.7, 54.9 (inside the entrance)
- Stonehearth, Deepholm - 27.7, 69.2 (next to graveyard)
- Biel'aran Ridge, (sub-zone Shimmering Expanse) Vashj'ir - 57.3, 86.2 (W side of SE building icon in Biel'aran Ridge area on map)*
*TIPS: Horde will want to ride to Legion’s Rest; Alliance will want Voldrin’s Hold. Thank you,
. If you have never opened up Vashj’ir and are level 80+, you will need to take the quest that brings you to the zone and then go above the sea and travel with your flying mount until you reach the destination (bring an
elixir of waterbreathing potion
for safety!). If you are level 79 or below, find a buddy with 1) access 2)
Have Group, Will Travel
and 3) willing to kill monsters BEFORE summoning you. Oh, and make certain your hearthstone or equivalent is off cool-down.
I got it easy from the air. I decided the best way to go is to fly to Mulgore (45.28 8.85). You could see in the front two firs.Between them is an elder. You could fly easy to the elder Ezra Wheathoof. I saw only one flying guard and few guards on the right (near the bridge).
_______Elders of the Dungeons_______
copied and pasted from
, I added in Wowhead links and fixed the typos in names. Includes level ranges from here and
and additional info from browsing Wowhead comments. Level range = recommended low-high (absolute minimum for entering instance).
- Maraudon (Pristine Waters) - 34-44 (25) |
- Stratholme (Main Gate) - 42-53 (37) |
- Zul'Farrak - 44-54 (39) |
- Blackrock Depths (Prison) - 47-57 (42) |
| Note: Shadowforge Key no longer needed. |
- Sunken Temple - 50-60 (45) |
| Note: Sunken Temple is the instance. Appears as The Temple of Atal'Hakkar on zone map.
- Lower Blackrock Spire - 55-65 (48) |
- Utgarde Keep - 70-72 (65) |
- The Nexus - 71-73 (66) |
- Azjol-Nerub - 72-74 (67) |
| Note: Must kill Krik'thir the Gatewatcher in order to progress to elder.
- Drak'Tharon Keep - 74-76 (69) |
| Note: Classes/races w/o some form of stealth must kill Trollgore to progress to elder.
- Gundrak - 76-78 (71) |
- Halls of Stone - 77-79 (70) |
- Utgarde Pinnacle - 79-80 (75) |
| Note: Must kill Skadi in order to progress to elder.
i was helping my friend get the elders this go around, and we're alliance.
when we saw this elder, we /bowed and /hugged him.
he even has a phoenix pet next to him :(
It's really nice to see that WoW pays a tribute to our fallen heroes :).
In case anyone else has the same problem I did during the Lunar Festival - there are two patches of light on Elder Rise. I kept trying to find Elder Ezra Wheathoof in the one in the open, but the correct one is just to the side, between some trees.
Very simple to fly in from the north (toward the B in "Bluff") and you'll see the elder between two trees. You can easily complete the quest without aggroing any NPCs.
Hes on the Elder Rise
Flying in from the north, I aggroed just one guard while nudging in close enough to interact, but got away still mounted after completing.
I remember reading about Ezra (Ephoenix) around the time that he visited Blizzard through the make a wish foundation. I thought it was a wonderful thing, reading more about Ezra my heart ached, my eyes were wet and I felt a tremendous amount of respect for him. A lot of other people in his position would have reacted in a bad way to what they were going through. Of course Ezra probably had his bad days, something like that can really weigh you down but from the reports and everything I read about it, Ezra seemed like nothing could keep him down.
When I read about Ezra's death I cried. Reading his fathers statement about it was heart breaking. Seeing all of the comments from wow players across the globe was really something. The majority of us didn't even know Ezra personally, some of us may have played with him, raided, quested or ran dungeons but the amount of love, tears and thoughts that were with Ezra and his Father were as if we had all lost someone very close to us.
I find it amazing that this game has done so much for so many people and it makes me happy to see that lots of people have not forgotten Ezra and most of us never will.
I re read the articles about Ezra about a week ago, after doing so I travelled to Mulgore on my new 85 priest, I completed Ahabs quest, bowed and paid my respects to Ezras memory. Then at the start of the Lunar Festival 2012, the first Elder I visited was Ezra Wheathoof. I completed the quest and kneeled before him for a minutes silence, then I bowed, paid my respects and left.
Some of you may think that's silly, but to me, I was honouring the memory of a really sweet kid with a hell of a fighting spirit.
RIP Ezra, may you always be pain free and forever happy.
you can find him on the Elder Rise in Thunder Bluff at loc: 73.0, 23.4
Avendesora of Thunderhorn (US) put together these videos of the various tributes within the game. They are a beautiful and moving memorial to some players who loved the game and brought something positive to it.
Crusader Bridenbad - Icecrown
Rousch - Hillsbrad
Decorated headstone-Jesse Morales
Captain Armando Ossex - Alterac Valley
Caylee Dak - Shattrath & Alicia - Stormwind
Shrine of the Fallen - Barrens
Ahab Wheathoof - Bloodhoof Village
Buin Phloppy Freehand
Elloric - Seat of Knowledge
Tabea and Apollo - Dalaran
Owen's Wishing Well - Jade Forest
I miss pvping with him, glad to hear that blizzard placed Ezra wheathoof in the game. :( rep norgannon, it wasnt the same
Elder Ezra Wheathoof
If you're just after the Lunar Festival coin, it's trivially simple to fly in and grab it without aggroing anything that matters.
On the other hand, I can tell you from experience with my l104 night elf rogue, if you land, sheath your weapons, /kneel and /salute first, you're liable to end up dead.
Worth it, though.
Looks like Blizz deleted this tribute as I just read about this and went to TB to pay respects and he is no longer there.
If he's not standing in the beam, he's hiding under some nearby trees.
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
50 Easy Elders: Getting the Lunar Festival Pet
A Guide to In-Game Memorials
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our