Trying to simply tame these cats seems to have a message/emote pop up saying Duskcloak Panthara shimmers as it fades into its surrounds.
To tame. have a mage polymorph it for you first
There are some in the Petrified Forest the other side of the Obliterator, just outside Krokul Hovel. Haven't tamed one yet.
I just spoke with a gm, and he said has NO bug on this beast, this is complete part of game, so we need to find out what we have to do to tame that amazing cat.
Anyone tried throwing down some imp meat near one? I'm gonna try now.
The method for taming this beautiful pet family has finally been discovered. It takes some work but it can be done. The talbuks around Korkuun drop an item called Fresh Talbuk Meat, which is a rare drop that seemingly only hunters can get. Once you have the meat, you have to use it in a way that manages aggro. If you have aggro on the panthara, the meat and the tame will fail. The best way to do this is to use your Freeze Trap on the panthara, get close to it (and behind if you're not survival), use Feign Death to drop aggro, if you're Survival then use Camouflage, if not then stay in Feign Death through the next step. Next, throw the meat on the panthara to give it the Bloodied effect. This is tricky since your aim may need to be extremely precise for it to work. Once it has "Bloodied" use Tame Beast and it's yours, though, if you're not Survival you'll need to hit Tame Beast very quickly after it gets the debuff to avoid pulling aggro back onto yourself. If you've done it right, the tame will succeed and you'll have your own panthara to fight at your side.
And it works! So here's what I did:
1. Kill talbuks around krokuun, the fel green ones. (There's an intersection north of krokul hovel. I took the west path which goes to Black Gorge). I saw a group of 3 talbuks running, killed em and got the meat.
2. Find the panthara you want. Go to the path between the Xenedar and Annihilation Pits on Krokuun, many blue pantharas. The petrified forest is awesome too.
3. Freeze Trap > Go closer to the panthara and aggro
(without hitting/disabling trap)
> Feign Death > While in feign, throw the meat on it!
(dont get up from feign)
> TAME IMMEDIATELY! yay you have it.
I got my meat on my 15th kill, which, comparing to others on petopia forums, is lucky. Someone reported to have 300 kills no drop, indicating there may be a bug. Otherwise, don't give up :)
Quickest way to tame this pet. Where to get the meat fast and the exact order of moves to guarantee success.
Can you tame more than one of these? I'm starting to think you can't as I've tamed one first time then despite doing everything exactly the same, failed to tame 4 more.
Finally got this pet after 5 tries! First few times I tried in BM with feign death, wasn't working out. Also, I didn't quite understand and I was waiting for a debuff to show up on the pet after I threw the meat. Realized there is no debuff that shows.
Here's how I did it...switched to survival spec -- went into camo -- came up behind him and threw down a freezing trap -- threw meat directly on top of him then immediately hit tame (helps to have tame ready on a hotkey).
Also, you can buy the meat on the auction house but I doubt there will be any up for a while. Good luck!
A proper Panthara taming tutorial in the form of a
Okay...today I was helping a friend to get the Fresh Talbuk Meat and we had the meat and he did the steps and couldn't get it to work. We ended up getting another couple of them off the AH and he went out and was about to tame one and realized his follower was out. Each time his follower gained the aggro so he couldn't get it tamed. He put his follower away and proceeded to do the taming. Behold he now has his Duskcloak Panthara...so if your having issues and have your follower...put them away and then try it again. We did the procedure as above and it worked beautifully. Come from behind the cat and Freeze trap>Feign Death>Throw Meat>Tame. Make sure to click tame right after you throw the meat.
I've seen many posts that tell more or less the same, but differ just enough to make using this item and taming a Panthara quite a nasty job. Maybe there have been some minor changes, or it's just incredibly difficult. But for the hunters who want to tame as of today, I'll tell you as much as I found out, by taming 4 of these beauties, using no less then 19 pieces of Fresh Talbuk Meat.
First, the drop rate for Fresh Talbuk Meat is on average about 1%, but for most drops it took me 200-250 kills for one to drop. Especially for my the last attempt, I was so happy that for once in my WoW history I was actually lucky and had 3 of them drop in like 10 minutes. Simply put, they can drop on your first kill, but to prevent disappointments, tell yourself you've gotta reach the 250 kills mark for one drop. I farmed about 8 in Krokuun and the other 11 at Mac'aree and far as I've seen, there's no difference in droprate, although on Mac'aree you can make more kills in the same time, because the Talbuks are in groups and the groups are pretty close together. On the middle to east side of the island you can make an easy route with plenty of kills.
Second, there are posts telling that the Pantharas in the Seat Of Triumvirate can be killed without Fresh Talbuk Meat. From what I understand from my research, this has been a bug and is fixed, so also inside Seat of Triumvirate you need the meat to tame one.
Third, Make sure you have at least 2 or 3 pieces of meat on you, because taming a Panthara can easily go wrong, like dropping the meat not in exactly the right spot, or triggering agro on the last second, like I said, I needed 19 pieces of meat to tame 4 Pantharas. When you are about to throw the meat, take a second to check if you've got agro (by the red border around your portrait) and if you do, aboard the process and try again.
Four, unassign any followers, as some might mess up your tame. Best to be sure, so no followers. Also, make sure no one is fighting other mobs somewhere close to you, so you're sure nothing can come in between and mess up your tame.
Five, put your taming spell on a hotkey, so you can cast the meat with the mouse and immediately can hit the tame button, as soon as you see the blood splash come up from the dropped meat. This has to be done fast! A second too late and you've lost your chance to tame.
There are posts telling that you shouldnt try to tame sleeping Pantharas, but I tamed 2 of mine from sleeping position, so sleeping is fine, if not better, because they're easier to approach.
This how I did it:
Use Marksman spec, because of camouflage AND freezing trap! It doesnt matter if your weapon doesnt have any traits at all, you wont be using it, but you want to freeze trap your target using stealth, to be as safe as possible.
1) Gather 2, or even better 3 pieces of Fresh Talbuk Meat. If you buy from AH, prices are around 4500-5000g on my server, at the moment, so if you decide to buy, you know what is reasonable and what is expensive. I checked a couple of times and even though they seem to sell pretty fast, prices are quite constant.
2) Pick your target. I've seen warnings and I noticed it myself, dont tame on a slope! Look for a nice flat piece of land to do the taming.
3) Go into camouflage and approach your target up untill 2-3 yards at the most, if you can from behind or side.
4) From camouflage, cast your freezing trap on top of the target.
5) Feign Death! And check if you dont have agro for sure, you need to drop every bit of agro before you do the taming.
6) Position your view as much from the top as you can, so you're looking at your target from above.
7) Now, from feign death, drop the meat on top of the body of your target. I noticed that the safest place to drop the meat, is right on top of his chest, between the shoulders and lower back. DO NOT DROP IT IN FRONT OF HIM, OR AT HIS HEAD! This was my big mistake, first attempts and it doesnt work!
8) As soon as the meat drops on the ground, you'll see a splash and that is your queue to hit the tame button and I mean fast, fast, fast!
If you've done this right, the cast bar from the taming process is now running, let it finish and there's your Panthara pet. Congratulations!
I hope my explanation can be of help to hunters who only now are about to tame a Panthara and I hope they've more luck than I had.
If you want to farm Panthara for fiendish leather, an area near the
is *amazing*. If you go back and forth along the edge of the cliffs you'll see mobs all around you but spaced out enough that you don't have to pull multiple mobs if you're not up for it. The respawn rate is almost instant.
/way 72, 70
is the general area. You can head over to the cave located at
/way 74.17, 69.94
and if go back and forth between that point and
/way 71.21, 71.28
and be within range of plenty of mobs.
Even better if you bring along the lightforged warframe that you can summon once every 10 minutes. You can clear out a ton and then skin like crazy.
KNOWN ISSUE WITH THIS SPECIFIC PANTHARA: Scripted to attack an unforgettable Talbuk.
COPY/PASTING my original comment on the Fresh Talbuk Meat page.
NEW tame in patch 7.3.5:
Red Panthara (Ancient Duskcloak)
Location: Grove of Naroua, Krokuun.
It is the only panthara of that color and it is not a rare spawn. It spawns several yards behind the Naruoa spawn point. Taming it will require the same process as the rest of the pantharas pre-7.3.5. 15-60 minute respawn timer.
As of 01/18/2018 I have tamed 7/7 color variations of the Argus Pantharas.
These are the things I learned and some advice for people looking into farming the Fresh Talbuk Meat:
-Best Faming Area: Mac'Aree.
-This item can drop for
of your characters that has access to Argus.
- It can take anywhere from
1-250 (or more) kills
before you can even get one to drop.
- Farm this item on a character that has skinning. Why? You'll probably end up with with several Primal Sargerites, stacks of Fiendish leather, Fossorial Bile Larva, and other items based on your shoulder enchantment before you even get one piece of Fresh Talbuk Meat. You'll also get Rank 3 on Fiendish Leather in the process.
- Do yourself a favor and make sure you farm at least 2 per Panthara that you're looking into taming.
I spent roughly 8 hours (not consecutively) of farming so far and I've only gotten 6 meats.
If you still have 0 luck but have the gold, check out the AH.
TURN OFF YOUR FOLLOWER
. Take your time and go to the Vindicaar to un-assign your follower.
Find a spot where you'll be alone during the taming process.
My first attempt ended in failure when a random Warrior used Heroic Leap trying to get out of fel lava. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Try and avoid uneven terrain.
I lost two meats because of how the panthara was positioned on a slope. It wouldn't eat the meat even though it was thrown directly on top of it.
Have both Feign Death and Freezing Trap out of cool down before you tame.
You have a small window time to re-adjust the trap, attack, feign death, and tame just in case you make a mistake.
Do not rely/wait/expect some kind of animation or sound.
They also did not get any debuffs on any of my taming attempts.
- It is not necessary to create a taming macro for the spefic panthara you want to tame. Feel free to create one to help with targeting the panthara after you Feign Death.
AS OF 7.3.5 THE RARE PANTHARAS THAT DROPS THE FEL SPOTTED EGGS ARE
You may verify this using Beast Lore.
Order of instructions:
0. Obtain a Fresh Talbuk Meat.
1. Throw Freezing trap.
2. Feign Death to remove aggro.
3. Camo and approach carefully. (Try to come from behind if possible!)
4. Throw meat FROM STEALTH.
5. Hit tame!
- They do not need to be sleeping.
- It's best to have multiple meat on standby in case of errors!
- If you think its aggroed, do not throw your meat.
BE CERTAIN IT IS NOT AGGROED!
Credit goes to the lovely folks of WoW General Secret Finding Discord and Petopia.
A few other things you should know:
- Some of the Silver-Blue (Duskcloak Alpa/Shadowstalker) pantharas in the Petrified Forest are scripted to attack the un-targetable talbuks close to them.
- Some of the Fel-Green (Trench Stalker) pantharas outside of the cave won't eat the meat thrown at them. Best to avoid taming the ones outside of the caves and the ones next to the lava.
- There are several Purple & Yellow (Panthara Shadowfang) pantharas sleeping by themselves outside of the Umbra Hollows area.
- You can no longer tame the pantharas inside Seat of the Triumvirate without using any meats.
The instructions from previous comments are correct but I have to add some extra precautionary steps:
1. Obtain a Fresh Talbuk Meat.
2. Throw Freezing trap.
3. Feign Death from a distance to remove aggro. (otherwise you will aggro again in 2 seconds)
4. Camo and approach carefully. (You will aggro again without Camo, so its important)
5. Make sure you don’t have aggro! (very important)
6. Throw meat FROM STEALTH.
7. Hit tame!
Tamed all colors I want using these steps.
这个 NPC 能在这些地区找到：
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our