Updated June 17
Hello to all of the seasoned soldiers, raging barbarians, and ironclad commanders of Azeroth! The newest Shadowlands Alpha build has a number of changes for Warriors, primarily focused on talents. We're happy with the playstyle of each spec, and our philosophy for core abilities is generally “if it ain't broke, don't fix it”. That said, there are a number of talents in each tree that could use some love. Some were underutilized in Battle for Azeroth (eg., 间接伤害
for Arms, and 怒火中烧
for Fury) and haven't seen changes yet, or their first set of changes in Shadowlands haven't quite hit the mark (暴乱狂战士
for Fury). We're looking forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback on the new and updated talents!We'd like to call out that Arms' Mastery and Deep Wounds have been redesigned. We heard your feedback that 精通：重伤
' overwhelming contribution to the damage breakdown felt unrewarding, and we agree. The new design will be a much smaller proportion of Arms' direct damage, and should reward skillful target selection more than the previous version.鲁莽怒火
has returned to Fury Warriors, with an updated design. This means that Fury Warriors can now receive one-handed weapons as item drops, though that may not be implemented in this build.For Protection, a major topic of discussion has been the status of the 无坚不摧之力
build that exists in 争霸艾泽拉斯
. There are a lot of individual effects contributing to the build: talents, Azerite Traits, and Essences. The core components, however, are the 愤怒掌控
talents, which can still be taken together in Shadowlands. In Battle for Azeroth, the multiplicative nature of the other effects is so powerful that 无坚不摧之力
overshadows any other setup or playstyle. We'd like to leave Protection in a more conservative position until the rest of their potential toolkit is known - additional Rage generation, cooldown reduction, etc. from 导能
s and/or Legendaries may quickly have an outsized impact on the strength of 无坚不摧之力
. We hear your feedback that the playstyle is extremely fun! The intention isn't to remove it completely, and we'll be keeping a close eye on how things shape up in the next few months in order to revisit and tweak things before the game launches. Thank you for your patience and ongoing feedback - it's extremely valuable to us.Arms Warrior
- Mastery: 精通：重伤 has been redesigned. Now, Mortal Strike and Bladestorm inflict 精通：重伤, dealing bleed damage over 12 seconds and increasing the damage the enemy takes from you.*
Developers' notes: Removing Execute as a 精通：重伤 applicator helps keep 致死打击 relevant sub-20% health, without relying entirely on its damage-per-Rage in comparison to 致死打击.
Mastery rating will increase the “damage the enemy takes from you” effect, rather than 精通：重伤
- Developers' notes: We feel it is important for Arms to have a bleed in their core kit, but 精通：重伤' direct contribution to damage dealt was overwhelming.
damage increased by 20%. 致死打击
damage reduced by 5%. 破坏者
has been redesigned to give it more identity, and differentiation from 剑刃风暴
again replaces 剑刃风暴
when talented, and inflicts 精通：重伤
(reverting previous Shadowlands changes). Cooldown reduced to 45 seconds, and duration increased to 12 seconds (still reduced by Haste). 破坏者
now chases nearby enemies. 间接伤害
has been redesigned: When your abilities damage a second target due to 横扫攻击
, they refund 30% of their Rage cost.
- Developers' notes: 间接伤害's previous design turned out to be too niche. We want to support 横扫攻击 in talents, and this new version should be more broadly applicable outside of strictly 2-target situations.
has been redesigned: Replaces Sweeping Strikes. 20 Rage. 6 second cooldown. Cleaves up to 5 enemies in front of you for Physical damage, inflicting 精通：重伤
. Cleave will consume your Overpower effect to deal increased damage.
- Developers' notes: Cleave clashed with 横扫攻击 at lower target counts, making it feel useful primarily while SS is not active. By having it replace 横扫攻击 when talented, Cleave can stand on its own and more dramatically affect Arms' AoE gameplay.
- 鲁莽怒火 is back. Learned at level 14 alongside 泰坦之握, Fury Warriors can once again use their abilities while dual-wielding one-handed weapons. While dual-wielding a pair of one-handed weapons, your damage done is increased by 8% and your movement speed is increased by 5%.
- 鲁莽 now generates 40 Rage.
- The following talents have been removed: 怒火中烧, 狂暴挥砍, 战斗狂热, and 摧枯拉朽.
- 狂乱 is a new talent: 暴怒 increases your Haste by 3% for 12 seconds, stacking up to 3 times. This effect is reset if you 暴怒 a different primary target.
- 沸腾 is a new talent: 嗜血 generates 2 more Rage, or 4 more Rage when it critically strikes your primary target.
- 残酷 is a new talent: While Enraged, Raging Blow deals 20% more damage and has a 30% chance to instantly reset its own cooldown.
- 暴乱狂战士 updated: 暴怒 has a 20% chance to immediately refund 40 Rage.
- 血肉顺劈 is back: 旋风斩 deals 30% more damage and now affects your next 4 single-target melee attacks, instead of the next 2.
- 强攻 now generates 15 Rage (was 10).
- 巨龙怒吼 cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 35 seconds). No longer reduces enemy movement speed. Now critically strikes for 3 times normal damage.
- 剑刃风暴 damage increased by 20% (Fury only).
- 肆意放纵 updated: 鲁莽 generates 20 more Rage and greatly empowers 嗜血 and 怒击. 嗜血 becomes 浴血奋战, dealing 100% more damage on a 3 second cooldown. 怒击 becomes 碎甲猛击, dealing 100% more damage and charging you to your target within 10 yards.
Developers' notes: We'd love to hear your thoughts on how it feels using empowered 嗜血 and 怒击.
- 破坏者 has been updated to match the changes made to Arms' version of the ability: 45 second cooldown, lasts 12 seconds (compressed by Haste), deals damage every 2 seconds, chases nearby enemies, and generates 10 Rage each time it deals damage.
- 巨龙怒吼 has been updated to match the changes made to Fury's version of the ability: 30 second cooldown, no longer reduces enemy movement speed, critically strikes for 3 times normal damage.
- 爆裂闪电 now also increases the movement speed reduction of 雷霆一击 by 10%.
- 无视苦痛 now caps at 2x value (was a cap of 1.3x value).