You'll notice in today's new Beta update that battle pet currency has changed. Here are the main changes:
- Pet Charms will be named 闪亮的宠物符咒s. Shiny Pet Charms continue to be acquired by doing pre-BFA battle pet content.
- A new currency has been added -- Polished Pet Charms. These are acquired by doing BFA content, such as Pet Battle World Quests.
- Vendors that sell battle pet items that are always useful have had their wares changed to require new 抛光的宠物符咒s as currency. For example, the vendor Serr’ah in Dalaran now wants the new 抛光的宠物符咒s. Similar vendors who sell such items have had their costs adjusted as well.
- Vendors that sell things like unique pets or toys that have always required 闪亮的宠物符咒s will still require 闪亮的宠物符咒s. For example, Giada Goldleash in Dalaran will still sell all of her pets and toys for Shiny Pet Charms.
- The 便携式宠物传送门 item, which was an achievement reward for completing 30 of the Pet Battle World Quests on the Broken Isles, will be added to a vendor with a 抛光的宠物符咒 cost. This is to avoid players feeling obligated to farm previous expansion’s world quests. You can do current content to catch yourself up. This is coming in a future Beta build.
- Ultimate Battle-Training Stones are going to have their cost increased from 45 to 60 Pet Charms.
What this means for you: always-useful items will eventually move to the new currency, so you don't feel obligated to do older content. If you still need pets from older content, they are purchasable with that content's charms.
Spend those charms!
There will not be a conversion, nor will you lose them.