In this week's news roundup, the World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight Druid and Death Knight talent previews are available, "Fresh Start" realms coming for Wrath of the Lich King Classic™, player-submitted screenshots, and more!
Dragonflight News and Development
WORLD OF WARCRAFT: DRAGONFLIGHT TALENT PREVIEWDragonflight
contains major updates to World of Warcraft classes, centering on the re-introduction of talent trees. In case you missed our preview, we take a first look at the prototype trees for the Druid and Death Knight classes. These and all the other trees still have a lot of work to be done, but we want to share what we can to start collecting detailed feedback at this early stage, so be sure to share your thoughts with us.
WoW Classic News and Development
CLASSIC DEVELOPMENT UPDATE POSTS ON THE FORUMS (ENGLISH ONLY):New Fresh Start Realms with Wrath Classic
With the launch of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic pre-patch, we expect many new Classic players to join us for the first time. We intend to open "Fresh Start" realms for players who wish to experience the game anew and have a chance to feel as though they're on an even playing field with everyone else. Additional details can be found in the forum post. Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation
Burning Crusade Classic™ realm consolidation and retirement coming to some low population realms on August 9. A list of affected realms is in the forum post. We encourage players to take advantage of Free Transfers before August 9.
Here are the latest hotfixes
that address various issues related to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, Burning Crusade Classic, and WoW Classic. Some of these hotfixes take effect the moment they are implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please remember that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list is updated as additional hotfixes are applied, so check back often.
ARENA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Thank you for watching week three of the Arena World Championship—Season 3 Circuit! The final Circuit weekend of the AWC promises to deliver some intense matches—tune in June 18–19 at 10:00 a.m. PDT to watch. For more information and details, the viewer's guide
contains everything you need to ensure you don't miss all the excitement.
In the meantime, watch the undefeated Maro with SK Gaming as the competition continues for a spot in the 2022 AWC Grand Finals:
Stay tuned as teams continue their 2022 journey towards the AWC Grand Finals live on YouTube.com/Warcraft
Keep connected by following WoW Esports on Twitter
and subscribing to the Warcraft YouTube
We asked players to send us their best in-game screenshots, and we were not disappointed! Take a look at these fantastic shots from our community. Click to enlarge.
Submitted by LesoroWarrior
, and LesoroWarrior
Submitted by Amandahealzz
, and Aphelyite
Share your best screenshot on social media using the hashtag #WoWShare
. We'll select some of our favorites to feature in upcoming articles and on the Warcraft social media accounts!
THIS WEEK IN SHADOWLANDS
PvP: Packed House Warfare
- Torghast: Unbridled Darkness
- Unbridled darkness has been unleashed upon Torghast, Tower of the Damned!
- We've put more PvP in your PvP! In Packed House, there's nowhere to hide as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle.
- Gather your staunchest allies and step into the Firelands raid dungeon to take on lord Ragnaros and his cohorts—and six dungeons from Deathwing's era— during Cataclysm Timewalking.
COMING UP IN SHADOWLANDS
BEGINNING NEXT WEEK:
PvP Brawl: Deep Six Resource Race
- Midsummer Fire Festival
- A time of merriment and celebration, dedicated to the hottest season of the year.
Shadowlands Dungeon Event
- Deep Six pits teams of six players against each other in three iconic Battlegrounds: Warsong Gulch, Silvershard Mines, and Temple of Kotmogu.
- While this event is active, the final boss of each Shadowlands dungeon awards an extra item when defeated.
BEGINNING THE WEEK OF JUNE 27:
PvP Brawl: Frozen Arathi Blizzard Resource Race
- Pet Battle Bonus Event
- While this event is active, your pets will earn experience at triple the rate. Get out there and battle!
- Put away your bathing suit, pull out your parka, and enter a winter wonderland as the Arathi Basin you know and love gets a fresh coat of ice and snow.
Check your in-game calendar for a list of the current and upcoming in-game event start times!
We can't wait to share more about exciting World of Warcraft experiences—keep checking WorldofWarcraft.com
for the latest news and follow us on Twitter