Slow internet, sitting out of raids this week, poor weather for going out... Which means more Strategists this week!
A little known fact about
- Brann Bronzebeard wiped on him. So you better read carefully and not repeat the dwarven explorer's mistake. In addition to this, Kologarn is a mandatory boss, whom you need to kill in order to reach the Keepers' sanctums. And then Yogg-Saron. His dead body will become the bridge to the Observation Ring, and Ulduar's archivist - Auriaya. Body crafted personally by Ignis the Furnace Master, who hopefully lies dead by his forge by the time you get to Kologarn. You are quite a decimating group of raiders, aren't you? :)
Kologarn's trash is part of a group of trash he shares with the Assembly of Iron and Algalon. For reference, check
Assembly of Iron: Trash
. 's all there.
Careful when spawning Kologarn. About 2-3 seconds after a player passes the threshold, Kologarn will emerge from the random hole he is lurking in, and be ready for action. Better not spawn him at all, unless you are ready to go.
The fight is pretty straight-forward, and Kolo is often referred to as the easiest boss in Ulduar. This being said, wiping on him is still entirely possible. His body (named 'Kologarn') and both of his arms (named, unimaginatively '
' and '
') are three separate entities for targeting purposes. That is, you can stand right in the middle of the body and still target either arm. Or you can stand under one of the arms and still target the other one. AoE spells and spells with semi-AoE effects (e.g. Cleave) will hit all 3 entities.
Normally the fight will go like this: All the DPS nukes the Right Arm until it dies. A free tank picks the Rubbles that spawn after an Arm's death and keeps them away from the melee, while all the ranged DPS AoEs them down. The melee, followed by the ranged DPS after they are done with the adds, switches to Kologarn's body. Left Arm remains untouched. As soon as the Right Arm respawns, your DPS switches to it (remember, melee, you don't need to move to attack the Arms) and the process repeats.
As long as the Right Arm is alive (be careful here, Kologarn's
is actually to your
) it will use
every so often. By default, you will be DPSing this Arm as long as it's up (and then again when it respawns), so no adjustments will be necessary. The Healers will need to make sure the people gripped (1 on Normal, 3 on Heroic) are healed well for the several seconds it takes your DPS to free them. If you use Grid (or any other raid frames addon that allows you add a certain debuff), make sure you add
so you can see the grabbed targets.
The Left Arm will use
every now and then. It is best to ignore this Arm, heal through its raid-wide AoE and keep on DPSing the Right one.
Kologarn himself has a few things you actually need to keep an eye on. His
es will force tank rotation (not an issue on Normal however, as the debuff lasts only 6 seconds). Switching tanks every 2 stacks is the general way of doing it. Due to the physical nature of the attack, it can be dodged or parried, which means that the debuff
has a chance to actually fall off. Usually the tank that is not soaking Kologarn's hits is the one that goes to take care of the Rubbles spawned by a dead Arm. You might have a third tank in the group on Heroic. If that's the case, it's best to assign two tanks to rotate on Kologarn, and one to be ready for adds.
is where most people fail... a little or a lot. On random intervals throughout the fight, Kologarn will gave a raid warning to a random raid member. It says something like "
Kologarn focuses his eyes on you
". At this point two eyebeams will spawn around you, and will attempt to converge on top of you. The beams won't hurt you for the ~2 seconds it takes them to converge - this is the time to drop all casting and run away. If your spellcasters are roughly stacked in the middle of the room, you should run to either left or right (depending on which one is closer) and then around the back of the room, to the other side. This way you won't drag the beams through any other Healers or ranged DPS. The eyebeams will never target melee as long as there is a sufficient number of ranged.
is a raid-wide AoE if both Arms are dead at the same time. Not a big problem.
is Kologarn's "make-sure-you-have-a-tank-in-melee-range" spell.
Every time you kill an Arm, Kologarn will lose 15% of his health. This being said, it might be easier to perform the "DPS Right Arm, Body, Right Arm, Body..." until his health goes down to 30% or below (with both Arms alive), then stop DPS on his body and just burn the two Arms. This will grant you achievement, and might be easier to accomplish since the Left Arm will probably be low on health from all the DPS.
The Antechamber of Ulduar
- Defeat Kologarn to earn credit for this achievement.
- Destroy both of Kologarn's Arms within 12 seconds of each other, and then kill Kologarn. To earn credit, you will need to kill Kologarn
before his Arms respawn
. Required for
Glory of the Ulduar Raider
With Open Arms
- Defeat Kologarn without killing his Arms. Be careful with your AoE abilities, as they will damage the Arms as well, and you don't want that. Whenever the Right Arm grabs somebody, DPS it just long enough for it to release the player(s) (around 20% of its health), and then switch back to the body. This is a DPS race, because the fifth squeeze will usually force you to kill the Arm.
If Looks Could Kill
- Defeat Kologarn without any raid member being hit by Focused Eyebeams. Fairly straight-forward, albeit hard achievement. You might want to move a few of your spellcasters to melee range, especially if they are not good at avoiding the beams. Leave a decent number in the back, however, so the beams don't attack your melee and ruin the achievement.
Rubble and Roll
- Defeat Kologarn with 25 Rubble creatures alive. The text is misleading - it should be read as "
... with 25 Rubble creatures spawned throughout the entire encounter
". This means you need to kill an Arm(s) 5 times before killing Kologarn.
Champion of Ulduar
- Defeat Kologarn on your first try for this lock-out period, without anyone in the raid dying. This shouldn't be hard, just be mindful of people being squeezed, eyebeams, and Rubble adds going loose.
"None shall pass!"
"I will squeeze the life from you!"
"I am invincible!"
"Just a scratch!"
"Only a flesh wound!"
"Master, they come..."
P.S. Regardless of what he says, Kologarn is not the
获取 Wowhead 高级会员
[As little as
less than $1 a month
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!]
Strategist: Trial of the Grand Crusader
Strategist: Onyxia 3.2.2
Strategist: Faction Champions
Strategist: Twin Val'kyr
Strategist: Lord Jaraxxus
[Sign In to Post a Comment]
其他 Fanbyte 站点
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte