Here you'll find a list of hotfixes that address various issues related to World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth. Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect. Please keep in mind that some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update. This list will be updated as additional hotfixes are applied.
August 16, 2018
- Fixed an issue where Ruinous Bolt would sometimes damage enemies that the player was not in combat with.
- 1 point of Mastery now increases Deep Wounds damage by 10% (was 1%).
- Damage of all Arms abilities decreased by 14%. This excludes Arms Azerite Traits.
Creatures and NPCs
- Da White Shark has turned a new leaf and has fully renounced the fighting tactic of beating someone with another person's body.
- Players should now always be able to see the reward treasure chest after defeating Da White Shark in the Grand Bazaar.
- Slickspill in Stormsong should now be much easier to loot.
- John J. Keeshan has decided to once again wield his old bow instead of the bow of a certain warchief.
- Fixed a bug where a group of players below level 110, when partied with a level 110 player in a Legion dungeon, would receive heavily reduced experience.
- Fixed an issue that caused Alliance players who had completed The Pride of Kul Tiras to be unable to access Siege of Boralus.
- Fixed an issue that caused Horde players who hadn’t completed Zandalar Forever to be able to access Kings’ Rest.
- Clarified the error messages shown when attempting to zone in to Kings’ Rest or Siege of Boralus without meeting the requirements.
- Salty Dog Crackers are now consumed on use.
- The Stormsteel Saber now has a level requirement of 120.
Player versus Player
- Steel Strongboxes now drop Dread Aspirant gear for all valid armor slots during the offseason.
- Factionally-aligned guards should no longer attack you for attacking members of the opposite faction.
- Call to Arms: Vol'Dun will now correctly count Horde players slain while in Vol'Dun.
- The Forgotten Techniques of Kul Tiras/Zandalar items now properly restore recipes that were learned and subsequently unlearned.
- Fixed a bug preventing some Draenor profession books from properly teaching all introductory recipes.
- Digsites in the Port of Zem’lan are no longer partially obscured from view.
- Crafting Swamp Fish'n Chips should now give credit towards the achievements "The Zandalari Menu" and "The Kul Tiran Menu".
- Akan now teaches Battle for Azeroth Fishing.
- Fixed a bug that caused a few Tortollan quests in Stormsong Valley from awarding Tortollan reputation as intended.
- Completing "All Laid Out for Us" now awards its part of the Stormsong and Dance achievement.
- Upon accepting “Back to the Lab”, Raimond Mildehnall will no longer attempt to fight every enemy he sees while returning to the basement.
- Fixed an issue where the Lightforged Warframe used during "Dawn of Justice" was weaker than intended.
- Felecia Gladstone will now offer the remainder of her quests in Warfang Hold only once all her tasks for the Saltstone Mine have been completed.
- When unlocking World Quests in Zandalar and Kul’Tiras, Halford Wyrmbane or Nathanos Blightcaller will now give you a fresh Flight Master's Whistle if you left yours in the bank.
- Players are no longer stuck after abandoning “Into the Dunes” mid-flight.
- Scout Mckellis is now available at the turn-in location for "Powder to the People" and "One Man Against the Horde".
- "Wanted: Anchorface" should now be available to Alliance players before they unlock World Quests.
- "Wiccaphobia" should now proceed as expected for players who group up with other players on the quest.
- Players may now complete "Spell Bound" after first completing "So Long, Sister".
- Lucille Waycrest should no longer disappear for some players on "Of Myth and Fable”.
- Eligible party members now receive Azerite along with “Azerite Mining” quest credit when a member of the party interacts with an Azerite node.
- Fixed a bug preventing some Inns from granting rested experience to characters in War Mode.
- The Royal Treasury in Dazar’Alor is now flagged as a rested area.
- The second floor of the Snug Harbor Inn is now flagged as a rested area.
- The Flight Master's Whistle can now be used on the non-dungeon island of Tol Dagor.