has been redesigned with Patch 9.0.5. Throughout most of PTR testing, it made 冲锋
grant 6 seconds of 盾牌格挡
, a 复仇
proc, and 20 Rage (in addition to Charge's baseline 20 Rage). This is a terrific bonus that massively increases Shield Block uptime and significantly improves Protection Warrior's offenses and defenses. Arguably, it can make them a top-tier tank. Very near the end of the PTR, the Shield Block buff was reduced to only 4 seconds. Depending on the situation, this could be anywhere from a moderate nerf to a complete non-issue.
Imagine our collective surprise today when we logged on and found that 复仇心切
was once again back to granting 6 seconds of 盾牌格挡
. Is it a bug? Is it intentional? Only Blizzard can say for certain. In either case, it's still Protection Warrior's best Legendary, and it is still good enough to make Protection Warrior the hot new flavor of the month. If a nerf comes along, the sky isn't falling. If it stays as it currently is, congratulations, Christmas came early.
Back in Alpha/Beta for Shadowlands, the Monk community turned a meme into a website with https://bugwalker.io/bugs
to help track and catalog the many bugs that plagued the Monk class as a whole. Although Windwalker has seen more bug fixes in Shadowlands than nearly all the time before, and two largely beneficial bugs were fixed in 9.0.5, Windwalker still has more bugs under the hood that will generally go unnoticed unless you know where to look.
Here are the bugs that we’re currently aware of:
Major Windwalker Bugs
- 怒雷破 hits a max of 5 targets (primary target + 4 secondary) instead of 6 as the tooltip says (primary target + 5 secondary)
This has unfortunately been a problem with 怒雷破
ever since the target caps were introduced. Despite the tooltip clearly stating “X damage to your primary target and up to 5 other targets”, it does not actually hit 5 other targets, it only hits 4. This is, as you can expect results in less damage in situations with multiple targets. Because of the relatively low damage that 怒雷破
does itself, this isn’t a high impact difference, but with the change to how Mark of the Crane is handled without the beneficial bugs, it's now become more noticeable as we look to rely on 怒雷破
more in AOE situations.
- 赤精之舞 doesn’t work as it states, it gives a flat damage amount instead of 200% as tooltip says. This is a damage loss past a pretty low gear level
It took us a while to find this one out, but as our gear has increased, the gap between the damage that 神鹤引项踢
does and the damage it should do when we get a 赤精之舞
proc gets bigger. This isn’t one that you’ll directly feel, but it cuts down on the effectiveness of the talent, and will only get worse as gear goes up.
Medium Windwalker Bugs
- 移花接木 interrupts 神鹤引项踢’s channel (no other instant cast abilities do this, only casts/channels)
Anyone who has played with 神鹤引项踢
and pressed 移花接木
has noticed that they stop spinning. Its a minor inconvenience that happens enough time to become more than minor feeling.
- 轮回之触 has a very significant delay before becoming castable once its conditions are met
This one is the most noticeable in PvP where you can’t kill a target with 轮回之触
when you think that you should be able to. There is a very obvious pause between a target hitting below the necessary health threshold and being able to use 轮回之触
on them. In a fast paced PvP environment like RBGs or Arenas that pause is very often time enough for them to use a defensive or get a heal, leave you feeling confused and disappointed.
- 骨髓酒花 (Conduit) doesn’t increase 骨尘酒 damage from pets (including 风火雷电/Xuen)
- 基佛的通天掌 (Legendary) increased crit chance doesn’t apply to 风火雷电 clones
Both of these are just continuations of the problems that occur with 风火雷电
. Whenever someone new is added to the spec, it inevitably doesn’t play nicely with 风火雷电
, and these new additions in Shadowlands are just two that have yet to be adjusted. The damage difference is small, but it’s there.
- If 移花接木 does even a single point of overhealing, it automatically only does 1 damage
This is a weird one that many people noticed but didn’t pay much attention to until we all put it together. The damage difference is small, but you’re still missing out on damage that you should have, and every little bit counts.
Minor Windwalker Bugs
- 滚地翻ing immediately after 翔龙在天 causes your roll to end preemptively
- Casting 滚地翻 or 翔龙在天 immediately after leaving a root or similar effect sometimes causes you to go nowhere
- 疾风步 Aura doesn’t stack with other movement abilities (potentially intentional)
- When killing a mob with 怒雷破, you often get stuck “in combat” for several seconds after
Many of these have been around for years, and have been reported for years, and yet remain not working correctly. They are things that many Windwalkers have just learned to live with, like just knowing not to end combat with 怒雷破