As we've mentioned before, we're making a number of changes to the resource model for Destruction Warlocks in the next patch. The goal is to create smoother, more granular, less random
generation and make 混乱之箭
casts feel more impactful.
First, for Destruction Warlocks, Soul Shards are being split into parts of 10 , which we're currently calling Soul Shard Fragments. Mechanically, this will be similar to the Mists of Pandaria resource system of 灵魂碎片
, except we want to go with a consistent
visual, updated Soul Shard UI (work in progress), and name for the resource across all 3 术士
specs. Some relevant spell changes:
- 烧尽 generates 1 Soul Shard Fragment. Doubled on critical strikes. Fire and 硫磺 (talent) will cause Incinerate to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment per target hit, also doubled on critical strikes.
- 献祭 periodic damage has a 50% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment. 100% chance on critical strikes.
- 燃烧 generates 6 Soul Shard Fragments.
- 次元裂隙 (artifact active) generates 3 Soul Shard Fragments.
The net result of these changes is that every baseline rotational damage spell will contribute to
generation, pushing your resource forward at a steady pace.
Second, Soul Shard generation/refund rate is being reduced overall , mainly for the single-target rotation. However, this is coupled with major damage increases to both
spenders - 混乱之箭
. Combined, this means that 混乱之箭
s will be cast less frequently, but they will hit much harder:
- refund chance of 灵魂导管 (talent) reduced to 12%. 灵魂窃贼 (artifact bronze trait) reduced to 3% per point.
- 混乱之箭 damage increased by 40%. 火焰之雨 damage increased by 25%.
For the AOE rotation, 硫磺烈火
(talent) will cause Incinerate to generate Soul Shard Fragments per target hit, which would largely push 献祭
out of the AOE rotation with enough targets. Alternately, if you want to go down the route of maintaining 献祭
on all targets in a clumped AOE situation, Cataclysm (talent) will have reduced cooldown (30 sec) and slightly reduced cast time, making it easier for you to do so.
As usual, everything discussed here will continue to be iterated on during 7.2.5 PTR and may change based on further playtesting and feedback.
Any chance you can tell us whats happening with
It's probably holding destro back more than almost anything else. It has way too much power in it.