Warlords of Draenor launched on November 13th, 2014 - mere days after BlizzCon. At launch, players could level to 100, develop their Garrison, and gear up for 悬槌堡
- There were two initial leveling zones: 霜火岭 and 影月谷. Horde and Alliance each had a zone.
- Leveling stories focused on the rise of the Iron Horde under the influence of Garrosh and Gul'dan. Players familiar with past expansions enjoyed the alternate reality where Shadowmoon Valley was beautiful, the Draenei had a flourishing culture, and Thrall fought by his father, Durotan.
- Building upon the success of cinematics like Wrathgate, the cinematic team developed cinematics for key story moments in every zone.
- Launch dungeons included 奥金顿, which looks radically different from the Burning Crusade version, 恐轨车站, which was a unique encounter on a train, and a revamp of 黑石塔上层.
- Soon after launch, WoW celebrated its 10 year anniversary with an elaborate event including max-level 熔火之心.
- Warlords introduced rare spawns that dropped mounts in many zones, such as 日隐小戈隆.
- At launch, Warlords introduced new character models, the continent Draenor, the Garrison system, and the Toy Box.
- The Warlords Collector's Edition came with 恐惧渡鸦缰绳, 恐惧雏鸦, a level boost, art book, behind-the-scenes DVD, soundtrack, and more. There were also items for other Blizzard games, such as a Warsong pennant in Diablo.