Hmmmm... Well I'll bite. Six hour mission for
? I guess the 500 base XP is supposed to be the draw. It's like a bad movie. You get sucked in because you're SURE it has to get better. I'll check back in six hours and let you know, lol.
EDIT: Yep...nothing but Shattered Stone.
So this actually gives you a
and nothing else fancy. It looks like it's just a cute little way of saying, "here's a heap of experience for this 8 hour quest...and this fun piece of vendor trash."
Yah this was about my reaction after finishing the mission.
At first blush, this mission seems like a waste of time and GR. But notice that it is both
. This will count towards a number of different achievements.
For a level 90 mission, this rewards far more XP than any other except similar rare exploration missions.
There should be a "Rock Collector" title and achievement, rewarded for finding all the vendor trash rocks in the game.
So it seems that everyone has gotten the shattered stone as a reward for the rare quest but what i was wondering is when you look at the info at the top of this page for this quest it claim that you have an 80% chance of getting the shattered stone as a reward but what im curious about is what is the reward that represents the other 20%?
This mission is essentially a reference to the Rock Flayers in Outland (especially Hellfire Peninsula and Terrokar) and the fact Blizzard no doubt got a lot of questions about why there aren't any in Draenor (I'm guessing real answer: they were made for spacey Outland and would look weird in savage Draenor).
So it's a joke. And kind of a troll. I thought it was funny.
Fanwank to follow: a theory I saw was that the remaining Saberon may have mutated into Flayers after Draenor was destroyed. Not the worst theory in the world.
When I stop and think about the rock flayers of Outland, my thoughts continue on to the similar creatures found in Deepholm. A place we know Deathwing had visited multiple times throughout his life.
One could assume the Rock flayers were not native to Draenor, but instead were a species unintentionally transported to Draenor from Deepholm by Deathwing when he went through the old Dark Portal.
This theory would explain not only their similarity to the creatures in Deepholm, but also why they are not seen in the current version of Draenor. However it is just as likely that Deathwing transported them from Draenor to Deepholm upon his return.
None of this does explain the Saberon though, one can only assume, as others have, that they went extinct, along with many other creatures of Draenor due to the events of out timeline involving the Legion, and Dark portal.
ROCK FLAYER ISLAND IS REAL! It's off the coast of Frostfire, N NE of the slag mines FP. It's a TINY (seriously) island (more of a boulder) not on the map. there's a large family of flayers there, all 100 (beware, they kinda hurt if you aren't geared, they killed my friend)
"I've got a rock."
Garrison Timer Mobile App
[Upon completion your 随从 will gain: ]
Missions and Followers math for maximising success chance
Warlords of Draenor Garrison Missions Guide