(Mechanical gnomes / Mecha-gnomes / Junker Gnomes / clockwork gnomes / cyborg gnomes)
NOTE: COMMENT UNDER CONSTRUCTION
will be edited and expounded on as I do the PTR stuff
Scrappy and resourceful, mechagnomes have improved their fleshy forms with top-notch prosthetics.
Preview Blog on WoW site
Though they once sought to mechanize themselves completely, the mechagnomes now seek a balance between flesh and steel. Emerging from years of isolation on Mechagon, they bring both ingenuity and aptitude to the Alliance.
Preview Blog on WoW site
One of the new
in the Battle for Azeroth expansion, Mechagnomes were introduced (unplayable) in 8.2, but hinted at with the release of the Battle for Azeroth expansion and the questline surrounding the search for the missing gnomes. Battle for Azeroth isn't the first time we've seen Mechagnomes in-game, though previous iterations have been originally created by the Titans (e.g.
and his presumable maker
), or being re-created by such in order to lose "The Curse of the Flesh".
They are set to release as playable, alongside the other newly playable
) sometime during the 8.3 patch.
With Allied Races, these Mechagnomes will now be a playable race for characters on accounts that have unlocked the Race via the necessary quest chains (and reputation requirement).
Note, Allied Races start at level 20, and with the new level scaling from 7.3.5, a Mechagnome can quest in any zone their level requiring a 10-60 level range, as long as said zone has Alliance quests.
Unlocking this race requires:
a set of prerequisites Rustbolt Resistance - Exalted rep,
for having completed Mechagon's Storyline
an additional new quest chain, starting with
in the Alliance Embassy in
You must have an existing character of at least
level 110 on the realm
to create an Allied Race character.
Click the Rectangle saying "Allied Races" on the Character Creation Screen in order to make an Allied Race character.
Mechagnome racials are engineeringish-oriented.
种族特长 - 机械侏儒
Hyper Organic Light Originator- Summon Organic Light duplicates to distract your foes. 3 min CD
Skeleton Pinkie - open locked chests and doors requiring skill level 100 or lower. 1.5 sec cast
Combat Analysis: - You gather and analyze combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat by 2, stacking up to 8 times. The data decays while out of combat.
Mastercraft - You function as a personal Blacksmithing Anvil, Cooking Fire, and Mining Forge. In addition, your limbs include every profession tool. Not Yet Implemented
Re-Arm: -heal for 20% of your max hp when you fall below 20% 1.5 min CD
You can view the
in the modelviewer here on wowhead.
Short. Same general size and shape as otherwise playable Gnomes
Arm, Leg, and Head style options for the Many mechanical replacement parts for body parts/appendages
Blue, Green, Brown eye options
Mechanical options for goggles, earphones, jawbone covers
Red, Black, Grey, White, Blonde hair colors
Perfectly coifed (perhaps slicked with grease, given discussions in Mechagon) hairstyles for the ladies, with cogs for hair bands and headbands and such
Highly skilled Tinkers
Malleable arms that can function as all sorts of things, like profession tools
Analytical and capable of adapting to needs and situations
Heritage armor variations:
"Leveling your new Mechagnome from 20 to 120 will earn a cosmetic Heritage Armor set that is unique to this new Allied Race."
Lady Mechagnome in the Heritage gear in the wowhead Dressing Room!
again, without helm
. (Note: )
This set seems unlikely to have gloves, given the mechanical nature of the Mechangnomes' arms.
This set seems unlikely to have boots, given the mechanical nature of the Mechangnomes' legs.
Please note, you will not receive Heritage Armor for your allied race by using a character boost, race change, faction change or levels granted by recruit a friend.
World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth Pre-Purchase Information
Jokes and Flirts
for your Mechagnome?
, and other Gnomish Mechanostriders -
- PvP mount
- Mechagon rare
, low drop chance
- Mechagon craft,
Maybe you're looking for an
About Mechagnome themes:
Mechagnomes are, first and foremost, Gnomes.
They care about Tinkering and Engineering and Mechanics.
Mechanical Themes and Themes involving the Tools of Tinkering are prevalent
Goggles! Goggles! Goggles! Even if you don't use the built-in options, there're many engineering-related goggles out there to choose
Cogs and other pieces used in mechanics are prevalent.
So I'm honestly curious, if there any point in having a Mechagnome rogue for the racial passive of
or are they basically the exact same ability with different names? Does one ability unlock higher leveled items or are they both just as powerful as each other?
I see the formula that determines the skill level required to unlock something, but I just wanted verification that there is basically no point in having both.
Still waiting for explanation what deity they worship to be priests.
Seems broken... maybe I am missing something but I have the preques*!@# (confirmed at the embassy) but the quest is not available to me. Someone said to do the intro to najatar and mechagon on an alliance and still won't show up... *sigh*
Ok so I came late to the party and rejoined WoW at shadowlands (after leaving during wotlk) I aimlessly wandered around websites and comments trying to figure out how to unlock this race.
Here is a basic of basic guide to help (alliance only)
Make sure to have done the beginning heart of Azeroth stuff in silithus (you will need the heart in your bags)
1. Be friendly with stormwake, proudmoore and order of embers or the quests won’t unlock
2. Complete the first 3 hold quest lines for the Zandalar campaign (you also need to have world quests unlocked in tiragarde by doing the exploration thing from Finn)
3. Get the quest uniting the isles from greymane (on the boat) and go to nazjatar.
4. After completing the beginning stuff in nazjatar you see the dwarf guy from silithus and he gives you quests to complete heart of the forge
5. After doing the silithus quests go back to nazjatar and complete the quests to unlock world quests (it took about 3 quests for me)
6. Some random gnome on a strider starts chasing you around until you talk to them - this starts the mechagnome quests!
7. After completing the mechagonian threat go back to boralus (not the embassy you have more stuff to do) and find Keeley Steelspark by the fountain in the trade district
Do her quest chains and you got it!
No more rep grind needed they took that out!
I can write a more in depth one if people need but this is the basic idea.
Good luck friends!
ULTIMATE WOW INDEPENDENCE UTILITY GUIDE.
RACE - MECHAGNOME:
Mechagnomes are small visual targets for PvP, just like regular Gnomes.
1. Skeleton pinkie - lockpicking (no need for rogues).
2. Mastercraft - personal anvil, cooking fire, forge + all profession tools.
3. Hyper Organic Light Originator - a worse "Mirror Image" with threat reduction. Good for PvE escapes.
CLASS - MAGE:
Powerful DPS with a "tank" pet if Frost spec (powerful PvP spec).
1. Invisibility - useful to flee, unaggro, scout or pass by NPCs and players. It's not Stealth, though.
2. Remove Curse - removes curses (useful against Warlocks).
3. Spellsteal - steals usefull buffs.
4. Mirror Image - useful for escaping PvE and sometimes PvP.
5. Ice Block - protects from damage.
6. Blink - removes movement impair and if used in time, avoids fall damage. Plus can leap gaps.
7. Slow Fall - magical parachute for self and others.
8. Conjure Refreshments - free food for self and players.
9. Teleport and Portal - major cities and places, including Ancient Dalaran (useful for Ally)
+ Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak
+ Reins of the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur
+ Riding Turtle
+ Vial of Sands.
+ Inflatable Mount Shoes - walk on water (no need for DK, Shaman or Priest buff).
3 seats mount - travel with two players (and fly with one through Vial of Sands)
Yak: Vendor/Repair + Transmog.
Brutosaur: Vendor/Repair + Auction House.
Turtle: navigate on water fast and goes on land without dismounting (no need for Druid aquatic form).
NOTEWORTHY CARRY ITEMS:
01. Darkmoon Card: Twisting Nether (10% ressurection chance).
02. Miniature Voodoo Mask - three more gnomes for your army (Mirror Image + H.O.L.O).
03. Katy's Stampwhistle - alternative portable mailbox.
04. Hearthstone - useful to stay in frequent locations, such as new expansion zones.
05. Dalaran Hearthstone - Legion Dalaran teleport.
06. Garrison Hearthstone - WoD Garrison teleport.
07. S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera - custom screenshots.
08. Anglers Fishing Raft - useful to navigate through water.
09. Sturdy Love Fool - portable target dummy for practice.
10. Argent Squire/Gruntling + Argent Pony Bridle - portable bank, vendor and mailbox.
11. Guild Page/Herald - guild items vendor.
12. Brazier of Awakening - ressurects one player after a wipe in dungeon/raid. Can be used for self-resurrection without being in a group or raid.
1. Can craft multiple useful gear, scopes, gadgets, wormholes (personal portals) and benefit from permanent "enchants".
2. Can create mounts, such as the Mekgineer's Chopper (which can carry another player).
3. Can create flying mounts, such as Flying Machine and Sky Golem.
01. Gnomish Gravity Well - usefull to reach higher places and avoid fall damage.
02. Loot-A-Rang - loot items from afar.
03. Thermal Anvil - makes anvils/forge for other people to use. Useful in Dungeons/Raids.
04. Auto-Hammer - makes repair for other people to use. Useful in Dungeons/Raids.
05. Swapblaster - useful for unstucking other players.
06. Flexweave Underlay - parachute enchant for cloak. Essentially a Slow Fall.
07. Nitro Boosts - sprint enchant for boots.
08. MOLL-E - portable mailbox.
09. Wormhole Generator: Northrend - portal to multiple places in Northrend.
10. Wormhole Centrifuge - portal to multiple places in Draenor.
11. Wormhole Generator: Argus - portal to multiple places in Argus
12. Wormhole Generator: Kul Tiras - portal to multiple places in Kul Tiras
13. Wormhole Generator: Pandaria - portal to multiple places in Pandaria
14. Wormhole Generator: Zandalar - portal to multiple places in Zandalar
15. Wormhole Generator: Shadowlands - portal to multiple places in the Shadowlands.
16. Jeeves - personal bank/vendo/repair every 1 hour.
17. Steam Tonk Controller/Battered Steam Tonk Controller - kind of an "Eye of Killrog". Useful for scouting.
18. Ornate Spyglass - zooms in for far sight.
19. White Smoke Flare - marking locations.
20. Gnomish Cloaking Device - invisibility for 10 secs. every 60 minutes.
21. Gnomish Net-o-Matic Projector - snares target for 10 secs. Can go wrong, but you can Blink though.
22. Ultrasafe Transporter: Gadgetzan - teleports to Gadgetzan (Tanaris) for Gnomish engineers.
23. Dimensional Ripper - Everlook - teleports to Everlook (Winterspring) for Goblin engineers.
24. Ultrasafe Transporter: Toshley's Station - teleports to Toshley's Station in Outland.(Gnomish engineers only)
25. Dimensional Ripper - Area 52 - teleports to Area 52 in Outland (Goblin engineers only)
26. Disposable Spectrophasic Reanimator - ressurects players while in combat.
27. Dimensional Shifter - invisibility enchant for waist.
28. Deployable Attire Rearranger - portable transmog.
29. Interdimensional Companion Repository - portable stable master.
30. Ultimate Gnomish Army Knife - ressurects players + all profession tools (no need for other classes Ressurect abilities)
*OBS.: the Gnomish Army Kife can fail sometimes and cannot be cast while in combat.
1. Benefits from many philosopher stones.
2. Can trasmute many items. Useful for other professions, including Engineering.
3. Can make cauldrons for multiple uses for other players.
4. Can craft Vial of Sands mount (flying 2 passenger mount).
01. Spiritual Anti-Venom - cures poisons. Useful agains mobs and rogues.
02. Potion of Slow Fall/Sea Mist Potion/Avalanche Elixir - protects agains fall damage.
03. Potion of Concealment - shadowmeld without being a Night Elf.
04. Potion of Unhindered Passing - immunity to stuns and movement impairing.
05. Elixir of Greater Water Breathing - water breathing (no need for Shaman and Warlock buffs)
06. Elixir of Detect Demon - shows demons on minimap
07. Elixir of Detect Undead - shows undead on minimap
08. Elixir of Detect Lesser Invisibility - detects INVISIBLE targets (ex. mages)
09. Elixir of the Searching Eye - detects STEALTHED targets (ex. rogues and druids). No need for Hunter flares.
10. Elixir of Water Walking - walks on water (without DK, Shaman or Priest buffs)
Essentially free food for self and players. Useful for gathering Alchemy and Cooking reagents.
1. Weather-Beaten Journal - detect fish school on minimap.
2. Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole - +13 fishing and waterbreathing.
3. High Test Eternium Fishing Line - +5 fishing
4. Glow Worm - + 100 fishing
5. Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots - + 5 fishing.
6. Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat - + 5 fishing and free +75 lure.
7. Formula: Enchant Gloves - Angler - + 5 fishing enchant for gloves.
8. Hook of the Master Angler - you become a fish, swimming faster and breathing underwater.
1. Can make individual and collective food for self and players, some of which have buffs that give Well Fed.
2. Cooking fire gives Spirit and it's cool to wait around for people.
Noteworthy items and recipes:
1. Chef's Hat - cooks faster.
2. Recipe: Thistle Tea - rare item, since only rogues can purchase now. Recovers energy.
1. Discover rare items with useful and/or fun utilities.
2. Discover gear and mount recipes, such as Vial of Sands, craftable by Alchemists.
1. Headdress of the First Shaman - essentially a Shaman's Far Sight. Good for scouting.
2. The Last Relic of Argus - random teleport.
3. Sanguinating Totem - health leech every 1 min 30 secs. Essentially a Warlock's Drain Life.
I wish armor was only hidden if you choose the extra plating cosmetic option. Unless you're wearing robe-like chest armor, you look too naked imo since 3 (and a half) important slots are hidden and any and all transmogs look really bad on you.
It's a shame because it makes me not want to play a Mechagnome at all, so I think it would be good if there was an option to show off your armor or expose your mechanical limbs
if you wanted to
. I mean, you can use a helmet on top of your (potentially) geared-out head, so why not on your mechanical limbs as well?
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our