This type of trinket would have been great in the first tier of Cata raiding (stam + mastery proc).
In 4.3 where most paladins
are already block capped, the proc is very very weak since the extra mastery doesn't give anything when you reached CTC cap. This will mostly go to druid / DK tanks
or warriors for crit block
EDIT: Agreed with below, warrior gets crit block from mastery so this is still good for warriors.
Does anyone know the ICD of this item?
i got this yesterday i spend 40 min camping the dummies in OG
It procced after 2 min evrytime :| so im pretty sure its 2 min for - 20 sec uptime
if you wanne check for yourself i made a power aura icon to track it
Version:4.23; icon:spell_arcane_arcanetactics; buffname:Master Tactician; x:74; owntex:true; PowerType:0; size:0.1; y:-115; texmode:1; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-144; timer.x:74
Probably, this trinket will be most efficient for Blood DKs and Bear Druids because of the linear effectiveness of their mastery mechanics. Since they have no mastery cap, unlike warriors and paladins, this will always be good. For when it procs it provides a lot of additional mitigation in form of blood shield or savage defense.
I suggest setting up your Power Auras for tracking the buff.
Note that on some Dragon Soul bosses this would be not as effective as on others. Basically, on bosses where you spend most of the time actually tanking something it will work best (e.g. Zon'Ozz, Yor'sahj, Morchok, Ultraxion, Gunship and maybe spine if you're tanking Amalgamation that soaks fire). On Hagara and Madness (and Spine if u're tanking the blood and the rest of the Amalgamations) it will be less efficient due to the unpredictable proc (imagine that you are running from the ice waves on Hagara in the Ice transition phase and it procs from hitting the ice totems, that is when you need it least)
I confirm that the internal cooldown is indeed somewhat 1:30 or a bit more.
As a warrior this is a great tanking trinket. Obviously there will be times when you want specific usable avoidance such as a dodge usage or magic mitigation via mirror of broken images, but don't underestimate the power of this trinket. It gives you an insane amount of health (over 10k raid buffed) and exceptional critical block chance.
The ''randomness'' of the proc is completely predictable and any good tank can plan around it. Simply track the internal cooldown. There are 100 seconds of downtime where the trinket is not up. You rotate your other cds in during those 100 seconds. 2 shield blocks, a usage trinket, and either shield wall or last stand.
It might be my imagination, but unlike other proc trinkets I've tracked in the past, this one seems very reliable. Meaning I'm not sitting around for 10-15 seconds after the icd expires waiting for it to proc. It usually procs within a few seconds.
quoted from my guild forums and is from a warriors point of view
For this I'm going to assume you will stay above CtC cap no matter the trinket choice. I also will be rounding at some point so the number aren't exact.
775 stam/3278 mastery for 20sec. average proc time is 2 mins
So this provides 13,101 hp static with an increase of 27.43% crit block chance for 20 sec roughly every 2 mins.
Under the proc you have a 27.43% chance to increase your damage reduction(DR) by 30%(from 30% norm block to 60% crit block) which is an 8.229% average damage reduction(ADR).
In heavy avoidance builds that have 45% avoidance(after the reduction to avoidance from bosses) your block chance is 55%, so the ADR is 4.526% because the 8.229% increase only applies to attacks you actually block. Since the buff has a 1/6 up time this drops it to 0.743% over the course of a whole fight. In builds with high mastery (usually stam builds have high mastery) that avoid 35% of the time and block 65%, the proc still only equates to 5.349% DR while it is up and 0.891% over the course of the fight. This is around the equivalent of roughly 176 dodge or parry rating.
In an ideal scenario for this trinket where it increases your crit block chance to 100% and you (un)luckily never avoid an attack you will gain a 30% DR with the buff or 5% ADR throughout the whole fight. These number actually look kind of attractive in a vacuum but the only place in game this scenario could come up is ultraxion where shield block has a 100% up time and the only time it would matter is if you are looking to reduce your worst case scenario from eight 30% DR hits to eight 60% DR hits in a row 16.6% of the time. The other times you still have a worst case scenario of some 30% DR hits in a row so you aren't even gaining much there. Because it is uncontrollable where it procs you cannot even rely on it, in coordination with shield block, for low duration high burst phases such as Morchok below 15%, Zon'ozz with high focused anger stacks, Hagara focus assaulting, or Amalgamations with high stacks. So only good thing about this trinket that i can find is that you gain 13,101 HP which is a nice amount assuming you can stay CtC capped.
With this trinket and moonwell chalice, as a frost mage you can go up to 50 mastery, which is about 110% damage increase on frozen targets.
this + MWC pre-trinkets = 169% damage bonus from metamorphosis :D
This trinket became BiS for prot warriors and pallies in 5.0.4.
当你造成伤害时，你有一定几率获得87点精通，持续20 sec。（特效触发几率：15%，1.917分钟 冷却）
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our