This is the reward for the Adversial Blood quest. You go to the large skull pile in the middle of Skettis and summon Terrok.
Terrok has: 150k-175k health, medium-high melee damage, and is mostly tank and spank. Every so often, a random member in the area (not necessarily party) will get enlarged and get 100% damage/healing for 10s (?), everyone else will be "ignored". This is done when he emotes "Show me what you're made of!". At 24%, he goes immune, and a Skybreak will emote that they're dropping bombs. At this point, he needs to be dragged into smoke which shatters his shield, but enrages him. This needs to be done twice or three times (enrage wears off and he goes immune again). He always drops a blue, either BoP or BoE.
You can actually sell it on the AH if someone needs it for his quest.
In short, it is farmable (you need to get the 4 quest items from Adversarial Blood first). Takes a lot of time to farm, which in the end makes it worth very high!
Did it twice in one night (about to do it a third), first time he dropped the epic cape for melee (woot for me ^_^) - the next time it was the epic cape for casters.
I'm gonna guess that is absolute luck :)
btw if a tank or sumthing dies, its not a far walk from the GY. Our tank and healer died once and we still made it (they ran back and caught up)
There's a five minute respawn on the Ancient Skull Pile used with the Urn for the summon.
Do you have to make the Adversian Bloodline-quest again after using the offering?
Used to summon the world boss,
You can turn in this quest multiple times. Assuming you farm everything yourself and then go kill Terokk, you will get ~2380 (~2620 as a human) rep each time:
~18 kills to get 6 Shadow Dust for Elixir of Shadows = 180 rep
turn-in for Elixir of Shadows = 150 rep
~80 kills to get all 40 scrolls = 800 rep
4 mini-bosses = 400 rep
turn-in for Time-Lost Offering = 350 rep
Terokk = 500 rep
A must for anyone grinding for exalted with the Skyguard.
Update for Cata Guild Perks:
Rep Bonus Rank 1
- ~2500 per cycle (~2740 as a human)
Rep Bonus Rank 2
- ~2620 per cycle (~2860 as a human)
I'm having trouble repeating this quest line and getting a time-lost offering.
I've collected tons of shadow dust and turned those in for elixirs. Then I went to four piles of skulls and killed the four different summons, collecting the parts needed, but I can not figure out what to do next.
I have done this quest line before, it was quite a while ago and I can't really remember doing it, but I know I have.
None of the three NPCs offer me any quest when I speak to them, except one to turn in more shadow dust.
I've tried just going straight to the central pile of bones, the one on the little island with my collected parts, but nothing happened.
What am I missing?
If u collected 4 items and u can't return it for Time-Lost Offering at Hazzik it means u need to obtain Ishaal's Almanac and do whole questline which only has 6 quests however u will find Adversarial Blood quest ask u to slain 4 mini-bosses again using 40 Time-Lost Scrolls. It's all good your 4 previously obtained items aren't wasted because after u complete Adversarial Blood it will become repeatable quest and you will be able to receive 2 x Time-Lost Offerings and summon Terrok twice at the bone pile.
P.S. I spent 40 Scrolls and thought I wasted them by not doing questline 1st but I was wrong at the end of questline I had 2 sets of 4 quest items from mini-bosses and for some strange reason I got 3 Time-Lost Offerings :) and summoned him 3 times every 11 or 15 minutes ( gotta wait for the pile to respawn ). I hope u find it helpful and some of u don't delete this items like I almost did thinking it's wasted. It in fact isn't but you have to do the questline or Hazzik won't do anything for you.
If you complete the Terokk's Downfall quest, are you till able to obtain this item to summon him?
Don't repeat my mistake and farm the scrolls separately. I farmed 200 scrolls in an hour, only to find I will have to spend another hour and a half just waiting for skull pile respawns. Do it in order - farm 40 scrolls, kill minibosses, kill terokk, repeat.
Farming Rep on my 70 Prot Pally and Solo'd this fairly easily. Had on the full PvP set, gem/chants. All you really needa do is watch your health and save your bubble until after you break his shield and you should make it through fine. Good way of getting gold though, I got about 350g a day from farming the rep. Looting everything will give you the money you need to buy the mounts afterward. Stuns do not work on this boss, but they do work on the 4 mini-bosses. Good Luck :D OH and if you die before you kill him.. you gotta go kill all the mini-bosses AGAIN. Learned that the hard way when i forgot to switch gear.. >.>
Farmed the scrolls.. lots of scrolls.. killed mini-bosses getting rep each kill. Turned dust in for more elixirs, then the guy in the cage gave me the quest to kill the mini-bosses . Got those killed, again.. and picked up three Offerings.. killed Terokk. Read here
that I needed to wait 15 minutes for bone pile to re-spawn.. because I got the quest to actually Kill Terokk and could not see bone pile.. waited. Killed Terokk AGAIN.. turned that quest in for HEFTY Rep!. Went back to use another offering, but decided to kill more time lost skettis mobs..
Now they hit me.. but are GREEN.. invalid target... Chased me across the area HAHAHA! Do i need to use my last offering and kill Terokk again?
How do I farm more Time Lost Scrolls if the mobs are Green, invalid targets?..................edit.. Yes used my last offering and can again farm more scrolls. Good Luck Everyone!
If the Time-Lost mobs show as friendly but still attack you, remove the Elixir of Shadows buff and then re-apply it. I am fairly sure logging out with the buff is what causes this.
Hey guys and girls, stay positive! Here are some tips for obtaining this wonderful unique item, and some advice for keeping your sanity during this long grind:
1) Put on some great music, or your favorite TV shows/movies. All the seasons of The Simpsons comes to mind, perhaps Das Boot, or all the seasons of Law & Order. Don't be afraid to start them over from the beginning if you need to!
2) Bring a friend or two--or three! Perhaps you know some folks with chronic insomnia, Asperger's, or OCD. Don't let those conditions go to waste--capitalize on them. If that fails, bribe them silly.
3) Keep in mind that area looting saves lots of time these days. So keep your chin up--now you can obtain this item and only get one ulcer instead of three or four!
4) Grinding can be frustrating, so don't keep those negative emotions bottled up. Let them out so everyone else can benefit from your rage. Shriek out obscene tirades at your guildies, your Bnet friends, your fellow wowhead users, your dog or goldfish, and even random people using /yell. After all, penning in those harmful feelings is self-destructive.
5) Let those sneaky rogues, druids, and hunters know exactly how you feel about them. Everyone knows that these classes are played by subhuman beings devoid of any feelings or conscience (especially those players from Other Realms), so where's the harm in treating them like dirt? Call them hurtful names, hurl insults about their sexual lifestyle choices, make sweeping generalizations about the attractiveness of their significant others, and generally bombard them with every irritating behavior known to wow. Don't feel guilty--they know their behavior warrants it. Do not let them get away with it! Show them who's boss. Prove to those losers who the real champion of Terokkar Forest is.
6) So you've waited and waited for the main boss's bone pile to spawn, then waited some more because other players have the audacity to go BEFORE you? You've spent long hours grinding for this moment--you deserve better. Hop on the wow forums and give those rotten, heartless, unfeeling devs a piece of your mind. Be certain to use an alt's name instead of your main, lest someone recognize you and flame you out of pure jealousy for your superior diction and incisive insights. Including loads of curse words and scathing vows to quit wow forever is the best method of grabbing their attention. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
7) Of chief importance--keep grinding for this item until you've lost all faith in yourself, MMOs, guildies, friends, other players, and life itself. What are those minor things compared to an item which transforms you into a hulking, limping bird monster? After all, this is the defining item in every truly great player's toybox. Without it, you are nothing. Your wow life will remain empty and meaningless until you obtain it. Guys will abuse and tease you, and girls will consider you the most pathetic loser in the game, until that magical moment when you finally secure the beloved, highly coveted Time-Lost Figurine that every single wow player drools over. Don't let the abuse and low self-esteem destroy you; don't let anyone dissuade you from your goal; disbelieve anyone who claims that earning this item isn't the utter pinnacle of warcraft omgness. Get this item at all costs.
And above all....have FUN!
If the summoning skull pile isn't there, try addon
Cross Realm Assist
to check on another realm. I spent so much time waiting for this pile to spawn only to have someone else tag it before me, then I downloaded the addon and got two Terrok spawns within a minute - on the two first realms I jumped to.
Whoever designed this quest and all the others that are similar to this one, in such way that we have to wait for 15 minutes for the bones to respawn, is dumb.
A Week in Shattrath: Farming Outland Mounts and Pets
Hidden Secrets of Outland
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our