Can drop for Night Fae after finishing event -
. The saddle does not drop from the box, it is directly a reward from the encounter itself. It'll pop up alongside the box.
/way 39,7, 37,2 path for rare
/way #1961 33.1, 39.5 Escaped Wilderling
that can be turn in in Korthia to obtain the
Got this today on a renown 7 alt, so it does indeed drop for the low renown chars.
50 attempts no drop. I am Night fae. I guess it is stupidly or annoyingly rare, oh well ...
I wanted to share some info to potentially help anyone understand this encounter a little better! I realize some of this information is in other comments but some of it isn't (or not that I have seen) - Good luck everyone!
- This event is started by anyone in the Night Fae Covenant interacting with the
that spawns periodically throughout the day (I don't believe there's a set timer but it does seem to happen frequently).
- The Drum will spawn the
, whom you will need to fight until he's lost enough health and becomes
. He'll quickly move back/rest right near the ledge where he spawned.
- After mounting the Escaped Wilderling (just click on him), you'll get a special action bar / vehicle bar with a "Tame" ability and "Tame" bar. You'll need to use the "Tame" ability each time the game prompts you with "Escaped Wilderling gets a burst of speed. Hold on tight!" - as you use this ability, your "Tame" bar will fill up. It seems to fill faster the more "perfect" results you get, basically hitting the "Tame" button as quickly as you can after getting the "Hold on tight!" prompt.
* You can no longer spam the "Tame" button! There is a cooldown. *
- Once you've filled the "Tame" bar you'll return to your character and receive
Talon-Pierced Mawsworn Lockbox
as well as a chance to get
which starts the quest
that will reward the mount,
- Today I got the mount after maintaining "Perfect!" and "Hot Streak!" - I don't know if this is related to getting the mount/quest.
- I was NOT able to engage/mount the Escaped Wilderling after having finished the first time, but I could fight him once he spawned again (I could not mount him).
- If you see the NPC's walking him around Korthia, just leave them alone. You can't engage with them and they just despawn after they walk around forever.
If I need to make any corrections to this info I'm happy to do so!
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our