The guy who sells this is a mage who turned his apprentice into a chicken.
ANCONA CHICKENS ARE MADE OF PEOPLE.
excellent to got money, I bought 5 and sold each for 5g!
Fear the chicken.
Depending on your server, this can be a great way to make a few gold. Buy a few, then put them on the AH for 2-3 gold. Not reliable, but can be used if you need a few quick gold.
If you can't beat them, join them?
How to get this pet as of patch 4.0.3a
The Ancona Chicken can be purchased from
for 1 gold.
is a chicken that runs around in random directions at Tirth's Haunt, Thousand Needles. You need to catch up to him as he is running around and right click him. He will then transform into a human vendor which will sell the Ancona Chicken for 1 gold.
Tirth's Haunt is a small area located in Thousand Needles. It can be found on the southern part of the Southsea Holdout, a cliff overlooking Fizzle and Pozzik's Speedbarge.
- All information from
In addition to what was said previously, it's Southsea Holdfast, not Southsea Holdout. Stay on the beach as you go south and you will see Mad Magus Tirth in a big blue circle. Right click on the chicken that is running around (or kill Mad Magus Tirth as was previously mentioned) and the guy appears that sells the Ancona Chicken. You can buy as many as you want, but they don't stack.
For those with coords, all this happens at 85, 91 in Thousand Needles.
I was questing in that zone and killed Tirth, then noticed a vendor NPC right next to him. Since I had lot a quest rewards to sell I click him and wow Arcona Chicken.
ASAP purchased 5 of them (hehe) and put them on AH for 95g each.
I found my new profession. Chicken Farmer.
I just got this pet at level 20 as an Alliance Druid.
This is how I did it, if anybody else is interested:
1. Head to Menethil Bay and take the boat to Theramore.
2. Swim across the bay toward the Dragonmurk shore, and approach the Clackers, which will make quick work of you.
3. When you release, you'll be in the Dragonmurk graveyard.
4. Now, take the pass to the southwest, over the hill, into Thousand Needles as a ghost. There will be a trail with torches, plus it's easily seen on the minimap.
5. When you get to the rim of the old Shimmering Flats, jump down into the water and head toward the gap in the mountains where the ocean is flowing in (thanks to Deathwing).
6. Just slightly outside this entrance is deep, fatigueable water. Die here as a ghost (it'll say 'South Seas' as the zone), and you'll release into the Gadgetzan graveyard.
7. Now spirit rez here, hop on your mount, and ride over the path through the mountains outside Gadgetzan back to Shimmering Flats.
8. If you jump in the water here, and hug the wall, you won't run into any Level ? hostile mobs until you get to the pirates lair.
9. As soon as you get out of the water onto the dock at the pirates lair, the first mob will almost immediately kill you. This is okay, because it saves you the trip up the hill (the graveyard is at the top).
10. Spirit rez again at this graveyard, then it's just a run, die, rez, repeat scenario (using the location map on the "Plucky" Johnson entry as a guide where to go).
As a hint, typing '/chicken', with Plucky targeted, will stop him faster than trying to right-click him as he runs by.
Using this method, I was able to get the Ancona Chicken within about 45 minutes of starting the trip.
I spent more time just waiting on the rapid-rez timer to expire between deaths at the end, than on the trip to the location.
I just found this pet as a secondary in a fight against a wild Scorpid in Thousand Needles, but it was not capturable. It was uncommon quality, just like the purchasable pet. I wonder if this is a bug, like the gazelles?
The Ancona Chicken Run makes for a fun little raid for lowbie players. Did it once with 6 players in the 20-25 level range. Group up at the Speed Barge, swim to the dock at the Southsea Holdfast, fight through the pirate camp, and then buy a chicken! Since we didn't lose a single player, our confidence was up and we decided to fight the ogres in the cave in the middle of the pirate camp. The quick respawns caught us off guard, and that's when we wiped.
This is not level 25.
需要等级 1 至 60 (60)
[This item can be purchased in]
A Month in the Maelstrom: Farming Cataclysm Mounts and Pets
The Littlest Mountain: A collector's overview of EVERY Mount and Pet in the game!
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our