I wonder if that can be used to summon a
on Jaguero Island. I am getting a little tired of camping there waiting for rain.
now just add some Song of Storms sound to it, would be awesome
The stone can summon rain in Stormwind. After eight years, we all know Stormwind needs it.
Vanity items are useless... So
If you want to have them all like me :
This item only effects the immediate zone you are in. It also has 50 charges. When the item is used, it makes a cool little crystal that moves around, and gives anyone in the zone a buff.
For example, if you summon the rain while standing on the Balcony of Two Moon the rain will not be present in the Vale.
Another example: Summon the rain in the Ruins of Lordaeron, the rain will not be in the Glades.
Patch 5.4 Hotfixes for October 2nd
No more mood lighting in your instance:
are no longer able to be used while in a raid instance.
Why is there a pug when you view this in 3d?
Another item for that overall achievement that has a very low drop change. Horrible for the Achievement-hunters like me :\
Why doesn't Blizzard make this have unlimited charges, and be turned into a toy?
This should really be a toy with infinite charges. Rain is something I really enjoy, and not only is the drop rate low but it only has 50 charges, then you have to try to get another one. For something so simple, it isn't worth the effort. :(
Got it today after around 250+ kills! Only missing 2 items from the list now! :D
Killed Zesqua over 700 times using the Class Trial trick.
Camped Hardcore for a few weeks ( Averaging 40 - 60 kills a day ) and killed 5-6 Zesqua every 30 - 60 mins and used the down time to farm Garnia, Jadefire, Leafmender and Gu'chi for the pet drops. Pulled a very decent income from the whole thing.
Still drops. Don't give up hope
Looted the stone, using a trial toon, got it after 30ish kills.
So I finally got this item. It was one of the 2 last I needed (the crab is second, which I still have to get). I wanted to finish the Bigger Bags achievement before Shadowlands, since I had only ~10 items left hanging there since Pandaria. Thought that wouldn't take long with 15 leveled toons, with a few on different realms. Most of the items were, indeed, pretty trivial to get: rares are often up for long.
But this one wasn't.
Seems like plenty of people have exactly this stone among the last ones to get, as it's considerable rarer than most other items on the list.
What worked for me and some observations:
- I moved some of my toons on the spot it spawns on and left them there.
- It was 1 WM on, 1 WM off per realm.
- I managed to cover total of 8 separate shards with my toons.
- 2 of them were Chromie time (!).
- Yes, you can solo this rare on 35+ toons pretty easily, worked for prot paladin and brewmaster monks.
- Other languages have different shards even in chromie time. I even used the toon I used my level boost on but never logged on since then because I cba switching languages otherwise.
- Toys that you can place on the ground like Mushroom chair are nice to ensure your toons are on different shards (for a while I was logging on 2 on different realms that ended up sharing same shard, but that trick helped to separate them).
- Disabling most addons on toons you use for this can make it *a lot* faster to go through them all overall.
- It spawns around half an hour, some people sit there and camp it, but I personally find it less effective than just circling over toons that you know had no kill in 30+ min.
- Load+relod cycle (without ctrl+F4) takes ~30-40 sec, at least for me. Even those who camp it often don't react fast enough to kill it before you return.
- I was lazy enough with this, but it was totally possible to get around 30+ kills a day without going really hardcore.
- Sometimes it was 5+ kills per cycle, especially at daytime (somehow people seem to think night is a good time to camp, so nights have more competition).
- Logging off while being attacked usually saves you a corpse run lol, it's harder to kill within 20 sec than you might think.
- A google table / excel can be very handy to monitor which toon you logged on and where you had it killed.
- Eventually I stopped recording kill count, but it was well over 100. Considering I killed Zesqua quite a few times even in MoP, my total count is likely close to 300, perhaps more.
- The listed drop rate around 0.72% seems plausible, it's just likely I was unlucky. I doubt they actually made it rarer then it was.
- Leveling a new toon to lvl30-35 actually takes surprisingly little time. If you get bored with swapping, just make another toon in those couple hours of break and bring it to same spot.
- RaiderIO website has a nice list of realm clusters by population, low pop ones are where you want your toons.
- Srsly, Chromie time is awesome for items like this, I actually got the Aeonaxx' mount by randomly killing that rare while leveling extra toon for Rain Stone.
Anyway, that's about all I can think of regaring this item. Off to the Spineclaw Crab farm...
I finally just got this item as the last one on my list! Kill count must have been somewhere between 250-300 since Timeless Isle opened. I found that Moonglade EU is very dead on Timeless Isle, for the past 7 days I managed to get almost every spawn. Good luck to all!
Edit: Also, Chromie time didn't work for me. I didn't even get timeless coins or lesser charms on any character there.
9.0 - Can confirm the stone drops on subsequent kills. Got it on my 5th kill of the day. Took me roughly 300 attempts overall.
I used this on my DK and then logged out. The buff that makes it rain stayed on my character, so now everywhere I go it's raining. I will keep the buff for as long as I can. I think it gets removed by death.
Secrets of Pandaria
Wowhead's Guide to the Timeless Isle
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our