Affliction Warlock Azerite Traits, Azerite Armor, and Heart of Azeroth Shadowlands 9.0.2
Azerite Traits are part of the core progression system of World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, adding new abilities and effects to your helm, shoulder, and chest armor. In this guide, you will learn everything you need to know about choosing the best Azerite Traits for your Affliction Warlock in ! The guide covers all available Azerite Powers, how well they compare with one another, and how to determine the best Affliction Warlock Azerite Armor.
To learn more about the intricacies of this system, we invite you to read our
Heart of Azeroth Guide
Azerite Trait Guide
. Patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara also expanded the Heart of Azeroth to cover Essences, and our best Essence recommendations are covered on the
Affliction Warlock Essence page
This page won't be updated for Shadowlands Pre-Patch and may be out of date.
NEW Best Covenant
NEW Shards of Domination
NEW Night Fae
Rotation, Priority, and Abilities
Macros & Addons
NEW Castle Nathria Tips
Sanctum of Domination Tips
About the Author
This guide was written by
. You can check out my
page where I frequently stream anything to do with WoW. If you have any questions, it's best to PM me on discord @Xyronic#3576.
Watch live video from Xyronic on www.twitch.tv
Best Azerite Traits for Affliction Warlock
Based on simulations, logs, and analysis we have selected the best Affliction Warlock Azerite Traits, which should generally be prioritized. Keep in mind that the strength of Azerite Traits is based on the source item's item level, which can weight their value. This scaling will typically make a higher item level piece of gear better, even if it has less ideal traits.
Data courtesy of Bloodmallet
Data courtesy of Bloodmallet
Data courtesy of Bloodmallet
Data courtesy of Bloodmallet
What to target buy with titan residuum
Tier 0 Trait
Tier 1 Trait
Tier 2 Trait
Tier 3 Trait
Siege of Boralus
Tier 0 Trait
Tier 1 Trait
Tier 2 Trait
Tier 3 Trait
Temple of Sethraliss
Tier 0 Trait
Tier 1 Trait
Tier 2 Trait
Tier 3 Trait
How Does The Heart of Azeroth Work?
The Azerite Power UI
Right at the start of your journey to level 120, you will be summoned by
to Silithus to retrieve the
. While wearing this necklace, you will be able to collect a new type of power:
, the Blood of Azeroth.
The necklace allows you to empower your helm, shoulders and chest pieces, called Azerite Armor, unlocking new exciting powers hidden within those items. Collecting
will increase the level of
and empower those items, unlocking even more abilities. For more details about how to unlock and empower the
check our in-depth
Heart of Azeroth Guide
Unlocking Affliction Warlock Azerite Powers
Each Azerite Armor piece has different rings of power, and each ring unlocks at a certain level of power from your
. Each of those rings has various options of Azerite Powers to select, and you can pick one power per ring unlocked.
Depending on the source of your Azerite Armor piece, each ring will have a different
level required to be unlocked, for instance, a quest piece will be fully unlocked at level 9, while a raid piece may need level 25 or higher to be fully powered. To learn more about Azerite Powers, including how to replace them, check our in-depth
Azerite Power and Azerite Armor Guide
Affliction Warlock Azerite Power Overview
Helms, Shoulders, and Chests can interact with your
, granting you Azerite Powers. These powers can modify existing spells, provide buffs, deal damage or healing, as well as other effects.
Season 2 Changes
With the start of Season 2 and the coming of Battle of Dazar'alor, pieces that previously had four rings will now have five. This new ring comes before the Ring 1 and offer two different spec traits for each specialization. Note that Items from Uldir weren't updated with this change.
The powers below are divided into four rings where they can be found in your Azerite gear:
contains Spec powers and is the first section available on each item and will likely be available to select as soon as you acquire a given piece of gear, contain traits based on your class specs. This ring is a new feature, found on Armor starting with
, and requires only
on your Heart of Azeroth to be unlocked regardless of the gear.
contains Spec/Zone powers and is the second section available on each item and will likely be available to select as soon as you acquire a given piece of gear, contain traits based on your class specs and source of the trait.
contain Role powers, based on the roles your class can perform. It is only found on epic-level gear (340 or higher). Lower-level armor won't have this ring.
contains Defensive/Utility powers and is the last set of choices available in the piece;
, which increases the item level of the armor piece it is in by 5 item level. The effect, in turn, increases the power from all previous rings.
Based on simulations, logs, and analysis we have selected the best Azerite Powers, which should generally be prioritized. Keep in mind that the strength of Azerite Powers is based on the source item's item level, which can weight their value. This scaling will typically make a higher item level piece of gear better, even if it has less ideal traits.
Keep in mind that tuning is subject to change, and power value is dependent on item level, so your own individual gear, talents, and options available to you can lead to different results. When in doubt, you can always sim your own character using
Note: as the item level of azerite armor increases so too does the value of stat gained from the azerite bonus. For example, a 385 item level Azerite piece with
will increase the damage by 564 additional damage, whereas a 355 piece will increase the damage by 424. Also note that for most azerite pieces, the only trait that will stack is the stat or damage components, and not the secondary component. For
as an example again, only the damage bonus will stack, and not the cooldown reduction on Summon Darkglare.
Refreshing Corruption, Agony, or Siphon Life with less than 5 seconds remaining will deal Shadow damage and has a 6.66% chance to grant you a Soul Shard.
Casting Unstable Affliction on a target affected by your Unstable Affliction increases your Haste for 15 sec
Unstable Affliction deals additional damage, and casting Unstable Affliction reduces the cooldown of Summon Darkglare by 1 sec.
Damaging an enemy with Corruption increases the damage of your next Drain Life, stacking up to 100 times.
Agony deals additional damage and starts with 4 stacks. (the starting stack portion of this trait will not stack with extra traits)
Every other Soul Shard your Agony generates also increases your Intellect for 6 sec.
If your Seed of Corruption detonates early, it deals additional damage.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to increase your Haste for 15 sec. Killing an enemy refreshes the duration of this effect.
- Your damaging abilities have a chance to invoke a tainted swamp beneath the target, siphoning health from them over 6 sec.
- You occasionally loose a tremendous roar, increasing your Mastery and granting Mastery to up to 2 nearby allies. Lasts 20 sec.
- Your damaging abilities have a chance to call a Child of Rezan to viciously rend your target, dealing Physical damage and causing them to bleed over 12 sec.
- Being attacked by an enemy of the Loa has a chance to call a Child of Rezan to grant you a blessing, healing you and increasing your primary stat for 1 min.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to draw a Wandering Soul from Thros to serve you for 14 sec. The Soul increases your Critical Strike.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to draw a Wandering Soul from Thros to serve you for 14 sec. The Soul blasts a nearby enemy every 2 sec, dealing Shadow damage.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to conjure Swirling Sands, increasing your Critical Strike for 12 sec. Your critical effects extend Swirling Sands by 1 sec, up to a maximum duration of 18 sec.
- Dealing damage has a chance to call down a Thunderous Blast, dealing Nature damage to the enemy and increasing the damage of Thunderous Blast by 20%. At 100% increased damage, Thunderous Blast will critically hit and reset this effect.
- Your damaging spells and abilities have a chance to release a tidal surge, dealing Frost damage to your target and slowing their movement speed by 20% for 6 sec.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to create a Surging Droplet nearby. Collecting it increases your primary stat for 18 sec. Rarely, a Void Droplet will be created, increasing your primary stat for 18 sec instead.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you Meticulous Scheming for 8 sec, which transforms into Seize the Moment! after you cast 3 different spells, granting you Haste for 20 sec seconds
- Your damaging spells and abilities have a chance to fling a dagger at your target, causing them to bleed for Physical damage over 12 sec, stacking up to 4 times. Stabbing them in the back applies 2 stacks.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant you Mastery for 15 sec. When this effect expires it jumps once to a nearby ally, granting them Mastery for 8 sec.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to leak Azerite on the ground around you. Standing in the Azerite increases your primary stat for 8 sec.
Champions of Azeroth
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to increase all secondary stats for 1 min, stacking up to 4 times.
- Your armor gathers and analyzes combat data every 5 sec, increasing your primary stat, stacking up to 20 times. The data decays while out of combat. Enables
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to release a barrage of lasers, dealing Arcane damage split among all enemies and restoring health split among injured allies. Enables
- Your abilities have a chance to increase your primary stat for 10 sec. If an ally dies nearby, you gain this effect.
- Your abilities have a chance to apply 20 stacks of Battlefield Focus to an enemy, increasing damage taken from members of you're faction. Applying Battlefield Focus to a member of the opposite faction grants an additional 5 stacks.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant Critical Strike and Haste for 10 sec. Attacking a member of the opposite faction significantly increases this chance.
- Your abilities have a chance to drop a faction Banner for 6 sec, increasing primary stat and maximum health for yourself and up to 4 allies.
- Your abilities have a chance to plant a factional banner for 6 sec, empowering yourself and up to 4 allies with the spirit of your faction.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant Mastery and absorb damage for 10 sec. Taking damage from a member of the opposite faction has a chance to activate this effect.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grant Mastery and absorb damage for 10 sec. Attacking a member of the opposite faction is more likely to activate this effect.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to grow or shrink the world. Shrinking the world grants you primary stat and maximum health for 10 sec. Growing the world grants you Haste and 50% movement speed for 10 sec.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to cause the target to become a Spark Coil for 10 sec. Enemies within 8 yards of the Spark Coil take damage every 2 seconds and deal 5% reduced damage to you.
- Your spells and abilities have a chance to fire a bomb at your target, which when in proximity breaks into 5 smaller bombs. Upon hitting the ground, each smaller bomb deals damage to all nearby enemies.
There are other rings, those don't focus so much on your class and are more general damage, healing, or utility improvements.
Role Enhancing Powers
These traits can be found in the Role Ring. The options are chosen from the different pools shown below depending on what roles your class can perform: Tank, Healer or DPS. This set of powers will only appear on Azerite Armor that is
item level 340 or above
. The options available account for all roles that Warlock can perform, not only Affliction options.
Generic Role Powers
Azerite energy courses through you, reaching a high primary stat value and then diminishing down to a lower value primary stat, cycling every 6 sec.
Increases your Mastery and your Leech.
Increases your Haste and your Avoidance.
Increases your Versatility and your Speed.
Your damaging abilities have a chance to grant critical strike rating for 5 sec. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal Nature damage to your target, and Nature damage to enemies within 3 yards of that target.
Warlock Role Powers
Your damaging abilities have a chance to implant an Azerite Globule on your enemies. When an enemy collects 3 Azerite Globules, they explode, dealing damage to nearby enemies.
Your damaging abilities have a chance to deal Physical damage to the target. Gutripper occurs much more often against targets below 30% health.
Your damaging abilities have a chance to grant you Elemental Whirl, increasing your Critical Strike, Haste, Mastery, or Versatility for 10 sec.
Your damaging abilities have a chance to grant you 25 applications of Overwhelming Power. Each stack of Overwhelming Power grants Haste. An application of Overwhelming Power is removed every 1 sec or whenever you take damage.
These powers can be found in the Utility/Defensive Ring. The pool contains many Generic Defensive Traits, in addition to two class-specific Defensive Traits.
When dealt damage greater than 10% of your maximum health, gain Avoidance and Armor for 10 sec.
When you take damage, heal. Cannot occur more than once every 6 sec.
When an enemy you harmed dies, you heal and gain Speed for 6 sec.
Increases your movement speed by a fraction of your highest secondary rating.
Every 30 sec, gain an absorb shield for 30 sec.
While no enemies are within 12 yds, you heal every 3 sec.
When you are surrounded by 4 or more enemies, gain a shield that absorbs damage. Cannot occur more than once every 15 sec.
While below 50% health, your Drain Life heals for an additional health each 1 sec.
When you use a Healthstone, gain Leech for 20 sec
Soul Leech gains extra absorption every 1 sec while a target is affected by Fear.
The Center of every piece of Azerite Armor is the last Trait that you can choose and always grants 5 item levels to the Azerite Armor.
Increases the item level of this item by 5.
Azerite Power Rotation Changes for Affliction Warlock
While Azerite powers are not as impactful as Legendaries were in Legion, some still can change rotations substantially.
The only major rotation change any of these traits has on your character is
- The buff lasts 15 seconds, and you have to overlap one of your Unstable affliction debuffs every 15 seconds to gain the full benefit of having this trait. Unfortunately, this is subject to extreme RNG, considering affliction is already trying to maintain as close to 100% UA uptime already. The value of this trait might increase as the expansion goes further, and haste values increase to counterbalance the influx of Soul Shards. for UA uptime.
Azerite Armor for Affliction Warlock
Here is a list of a few Battle for Azeroth pieces with Affliction traits to look for. Note that you can have the same traits in multiple pieces and their effects will stack up to three times. The power listing here is based on all items having an equal item level. Remember that item level can often be a larger increase than a better set of traits.
In many cases, it will be important for you to have a wide variety of pieces with those traits, as they can have different values depending on what content you are doing, like Raids, Mythic+ or PvP.
You can find Earthlink on the following items before Uldir:
You can only find this trait on PvP items;
Finding Azerite Armor
Unlike other sources of gear, Azerite Armor isn't fully available in every game activity. While you can obtain it normally on non-keystone Dungeons and World Quests, there are only a handful of sources after that point for higher item level Azerite gear:
Periodic Emissary Caches, scaling with player item level up to 445.
Personal Loot Drops from The Eternal Palace, up to 445 on Mythic difficulty.
Personal Loot Drops from Ny'alotha, the Waking City, up to 485 on Mythic difficulty.
Weekly PvP Ranking Rewards, up to 475 at 2100+ (Duelist or higher rank)
Random or specific Azerite pieces from
, at the expense of
None of these sources are really farmable and Azerite Armor cannot Titanforge, so it's difficult to target specific bonuses; generally higher item level is Azerite pieces are better. The best way to guarantee desired traits is to complete the highest Mythic+ Keystone possible to receive as much
from your weekly chest in order to buy specific Azerite Armor pieces from
If you are looking for more options for Azerite Armor, check out the Azerite Finder for Warlock below. Looking for options for other classes? Check our full
to quickly find all pieces with certain Azerite Powers!
Our Affliction Warlock guides are always updated with the latest information from in-game experience, simulations, and logs; make sure to check our changelog to this page, by clicking on
at the top of the page. If you are interested in more in-depth Affliction Warlock guides for , make sure to browse the
below, and our list of
just beneath the
Table of Contents
Would you like to quickly find this guide using Discord? You can do it easily using
here to add Jeeves
to your Discord server.
Thanks for reading our class guides! If you have any feedback about the guides, feel free to leave a comment in the section below and we will reply as quickly as possible. If you'd like to talk with any of our writers directly you can do so by joining our
and finding them there!
获取 Wowhead 高级会员
[As little as
less than $1 a month
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!]
Right at the start of your journey to level 120
should be 110.
So I played around with Inevitable demise while 120 with 320ilvl, I had it stacked in shoulders and chest piece, couldnt get a head piece with it, I normally stacked it to max stacks to try the damage, at one point I had 100 stacks, a druid jumped on me, I popped my trinkets that increase a Little bit of haste and with unending resolved popped I casted my super empowered drain life, an yeah, I 1 shot the druid, 3 of the 6 ticks went for 22k crits, making a total of 84k damage, the druid had 69k HP. So yeah, with a lot of haste it could be a decent DPS cooldown too.
As a quest reward from
this had a choice between
. The former increases haste, the latter intellect. With the BfA changes, it's hard to see which is the better choice (and not listed). I realise it's only a temporary item until replaced at 120, but would still be nice to know the theorycraft behind making a choice.
can you update this with a more complete list of azurite traits and their "weight"? tons of gear doesn't have any of the top teir traits and it's hard to know which to pick without proc chances on the gear.
for example, Blightborn Infusion vs Sudden Onset, etc.
Thx for the guide !
When i load this page in french, all azerit traits are displayed in french, but not in the SimC ranking. Is there a way to display them in french ?
Ok i do not really get the
(Damaging an enemy with Corruption increases the damage of your next Drain Life, stacking up to 100 times.) So stacking up to 100 times, hmm sounds great but, ( Corruption increases the damage of your next Drain Life), errm this is the part im confused about, do i need to cast drain life 100 times, is is ticking up every 1 sec i am channeling drain life, is is stacking every time the Corruption ticks, really dos not say anything.
Or is it if i cast 52 x Corruption, before i use drain life i have 52 stacks at that time?
If thats the case, if i use Seed of Corruption and there is 20 mobs that gets hit, do i then start with 20 stacks, and do the stacks fall off over time...
This is obviously a noob question, however: Why are there no really helpful guides on choosing the Role traits or the Defensive traits? I mean i realize that they are less important to how you play your class and much more random but I am having a really difficult time deciding which is more beneficial to me specifically. And in general I see the choices are not especially ideal anyway. Just wondering. Thanks in advance.
Alright, I know what traits are good and which ones have their bonuses to them, but does anyone know what the absolute best (hypothetically) setup for azerite traits for the 3rd ring? I mean is it 2 AoT's and 1 Lazer? or 3 Inevitable Demise, or 3 Wracking Brillance? I need advice bc I really don't want to be wasting gold reforging over and over to test each individual trait via wow or simcraft. Let me know, I appreciate any feedback I get!
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our
其他 Fanbyte 站点
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte