Elemental Shaman DPS Guide - Shadowlands 9.0.5
Welcome to Wowhead's Elemental Shaman guide, updated for ! This guide will teach you to master playing Elemental Shaman in all aspects of the game, helping you to deal optimal DPS in Raids and Mythic+ dungeons.
Throughout this guide, we will cover many different aspects to increase your Elemental Shaman expertise, including concepts like Elemental Shaman talents and talents builds, Elemental Shaman BiS gear choices, Elemental Shaman stat priorities, among many other aspects of your class and specialization. Make sure to navigate to additional pages of the Elemental Shaman guide to find more in-depth information on topics such as Covenants, Legendaries, Soulbinds, Conduits, Mythic+, and Raids.
Playing WoW Classic?
Click here for the Classic Version of the Elemental Shaman Guide!
NEW Best Covenant
NEW Twisting Corridors
NEW Night Fae
Rotation, Priority, and Abilities
Macros & Addons
NEW Castle Nathria Tips
About the Author
This guide is written by Gistwiki, one of the mods of the shaman discord
and one of the minds behind the Elemental Shaman website
Storm, Earth, & Lava
. Feel free to bug me through Discord in Earthshrine or
if you have any questions!
How to Play Elemental Shaman in Shadowlands
to Fulmination and back again; how to play Elemental hasn't changed much at all as we move forwards into Shadowlands.
Our resource is once again
. For single target we build it up via
, and the talents
if taken to spend it on
. For AoE we build it up via
to spend it on
. Our talents are mostly designed around either directly amplifying this loop, or adding more buttons to the loop.
The only change to how we would approach doing this comes from the return of
, which allows us to mitigate periods of movement that might have frustrated us in the past.
If you are looking a brief overview of how to play a Elemental Shaman in Shadowlands, please visit our
for a short summary on Covenants, Legendaries, Stats and more!
Elemental Shaman Starter Guide
For more information on how to play your Elemental Shaman, please see our
9.0.5 Changes for Elemental Shaman in Shadowlands
First, here is a full list of changes coming in 9.0.5:
has been buffed by 35%
has been buffed by 70%
has been buffed by 30%
has been nerfed by 10%
has been nerfed from 175% to 120%
What do these changes mean?
For Single Target:
catches up quite a bit,
is still the best legendary by ~2% total damage.
The value of our
should go down slightly
Our overall dps should be more or less unchanged
Roughly a 30% buff if you're using
Roughly a 20% buff if you're using
We should start casting
at 2 targets for the most part now. Only cast
on 2 targets if
Roughly the same as before
on 2 stacked targets if using
is a slight increase in priority-target damage, but an overall dps loss.
Some solid buffs to our AoE, which we were struggling with early on
Our sustained single-target will remain our strong point
We will not be favorites at the next MDI. The buffs are good, but not
Elemental Shaman Strengths & Weaknesses in Shadowlands
Shadowlands Highlights for Elemental Shaman
Shadowlands introduces several new expansion-specific features to help customize your character in the form of Covenants and Legendaries. Choosing a Covenant is the most important decision that your character will make in Shadowlands, as the Covenant abilities and Soulbinds will significantly impact your spec's gameplay and performance. Shadowlands Legendary Powers grant impactful gameplay effects for your character through the new Runecarving system. For more information on these Shadowlands Systems, please see our
Elemental Shaman Covenant Overview
Elemental Shaman Legendary Guide
Elemental Shaman Covenant OverviewElemental Shaman Legendary Guide
If you're a returning player from Battle for Azeroth, you can see all the Shaman changes for Shadowlands in our
Shaman Class Changes Compilation
Shaman Class Changes Guide
How to Gear a Elemental Shaman in Shadowlands
Gearing a character can be fairly involved in Shadowlands especially when you need to optimize for a wide variety of content. Below you'll find information on
how to gear a Elemental Shaman
in Season 1 of Shadowlands including Best in Slot recommendations.
Elemental Shaman Gear Guide
Learn how each stat increases your throughput and which you should be prioritizing in each type of content with our
. Add finishing touches to your Elemental Shaman with all the best consumables, gems, and enchants in our
Elemental Shaman Stats GuideElemental Shaman Consumables Guide
Playing a Elemental Shaman in Shadowlands Season 1
Jumping into end-game content may feel intimidating for new Elemental Shamans, but we have you covered with guides for a variety of content specifically tailored to Elemental Shamans of any item level. Whether you're looking to raid
, jump into
, climb the layers of
, or challenge other players in
combat, we're here to support you no matter your content preference.
Elemental Shaman Castle Nathria TipsElemental Shaman Mythic+ GuideElemental Shaman Torghast GuideElemental Shaman PvP Guide
Basic Overview for Elemental Shaman in Shadowlands
for the Horde,
for the Alliance.
Shaman can use daggers, staves, shields, fist weapons, maces, and axes.
Iconic Elemental Shaman abilities:
: Your Lightning Bolt, Elemental Blast, Icefury, Chain Lightning, and Lava Burst casts have a 15% chance to trigger a second cast on the same target for 85% of normal damage and 50% of normal Maelstrom generation.
Special Legion Class Hall Rewards
Best Races for Elemental Shaman in Shadowlands
Not sure what race to play? Below is a breakdown of each race for this spec among players with updated
. Data is updated once per week.
Or, if you care more about optimizing your damage, you can choose based on how well a race sims. There isn't a large difference here, but every little bit counts! The Horde currently favors Troll while the Alliance favors Dwarf as you can see below:
What Makes Elemental Shaman Special in Shadowlands?
Elemental Shaman is a ranged DPS specialization, you can learn more about all types of ranged DPSers in our
Ranged DPS Overview
Elemental Shaman Changes in Shadowlands
Shadowlands adds many new abilities and changes for all Classes, including Elemental Shaman. For a detailed view of all the changes, check out our Shaman Changes in Shadowlands Guide!
All Shaman Changes in Shadowlands
New Artifact Transmog Options for Elemental Shaman
Shadowlands brings new changes for
Artifact Transmog Options
, allowing players to transmog their weapons to any of their other spec Artifact appearances.
All Artifact Weapon ModelsAcquiring Artifact Appearances
Our Elemental Shaman guides are always updated with the latest information from in-game experience, simulations, and logs; make sure to check our changelog to this page, by clicking on
at the top of the page. If you are interested in more in-depth Elemental Shaman guides for , make sure to browse the
below, and our list of
just beneath the
Table of Contents
Would you like to quickly find this guide using Discord? You can do it easily using
here to add Jeeves
to your Discord server.
Thanks for reading our class guides! If you have any feedback about the guides, feel free to leave a comment in the section below and we will reply as quickly as possible. If you'd like to talk with any of our writers directly you can do so by joining our
and finding them there!
获取 Wowhead 高级会员
[As little as
less than $1 a month
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!]
REMOVED Gust of Wind xDD
So question.... did elemental REALLY get a rework? Because it seems the only real change is in the lv 15 talents where we choose Earthen Fury. Everywhere else it seems we did not change at all. I thought we were supposed to have big changes in the way we played and such?
Honestly expected more reworking than just a flat buff. :/
I do miss the instant cast of Flame Shock and also Gust of wind. It helped me get away from the crappy and overly fast respawn rates in some places. Based on what I'm reading here it seems This is the first patch I've played where ele shamans aren't broken out the gate....but I havent played yet today so we shall see.
Our single target damage is frequently tuned to be rather weak at the beginning of an expansion.
I really hate that. Every...single...expansion. Questing is such a pain and takes such a long time. Even against single same-level targets, I wind up spending at least a quarter of the fight just healing myself because I can't kill anything fast enough.
I wish we got some sort of "Lone Wolf" ability, which would increase our damage when not in a group.
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our
其他 Fanbyte 站点
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte