Seems terrible bugged and not rewarding progress half the time.
"Treasures" is the key word here... Just opening100 chest isn't the objective, finding 100 "Treasures" is. Only time my achievement has moved is when I've looted an epic quality item.
EDIT: Got 5 Manapearls in 1 box, counted as 5 "Treasures".
I suggest to farm up some
before using one of these. It makes so much easier to ignore mobs that you might aggro. I'm trying to find out which is the best place to farm the treasures, so far it seems Kalmethir (just under the text) is very good. Opening chests can extend the duration of the
, and you quite often get buffed with the
buff so you can see the chests on your minimap. There is also a speed buff sometimes
Note: If you're doing for the achievement
, as of now (28/06) opening chests doesn't always grant credit for it. I would hold on to the stones for a couple of days.
Revealing treasure chests while scrying in Nazjatar should now reliably grant credit for Nothing to Scry About.
From what I've experienced, the achievement progress is almost certainly tied to looting the objects that you can buy from the murloc traders (such as
). I've looted about 100 chests and only have 26/100 progress for the achievement, with all of those 26 having an item from the murloc traders inside them.
So after messing around and trying to figure out how this achievement actually gives credit, I noticed one thing: It gives credit when you uncover the chest, not when you loot it.
This leads me to believe that it actually only gives progress for
chests uncovered, as in you have to uncover 100 different chests.
Currently sitting at 55/100 myself, and absolutely no idea which chests I've looted or not, I wish this was worded differently so I'd known to keep track of them.
I'm getting credit for 1 treasure each time I used a scrying stone. No matter how many I open, I only get credit for the 1st box per stone.
You should hoard these stones and wait till you get flying if you want optimal efficiency when attempting this achievement.
If you do that, you can do the achievement using only 2-5 scrying stones.
I did it as a druid with flight form and was very easy to complete this way. Make sure you hover close to the ground so you can use your extra action button. Also a macro for extra action button use is recommended for this achievement. Bind it to a key that is easy to use.
A good place to start is at the Drowned Market, then proceed to the Coral Forest. Dragon's Teeth Basin also has a good density.
/way 77, 28 Drowned Market
/way 61.9, 51.7 Coral Forest
/way 46.2, 47.5 Dragon's teeth basin
You can pretty much search anywhere in the zone, most places have plenty of chests in close proximity to one another.
Keep an eye out for the
buff, which allows you to see chests on your minimap. Once you have this collecting becomes very easy (with flying).
There are plenty of areas with a high density of chests. Ensure you are opening as many Glimmering Chests as possible so you can keep refreshing the Scrying Stone buff. If you're lucky you can also get reputation items from these chests (150 rep tokens which are unique)
Edit: Blizzard implemented a hotfix which ensures that every chest counts towards your progress. Now is the time to finish this up.
removed from comment. Not as useful for other classes since they can't use extra action button when mounted. My apologies, wouldn't know since im a druid, heh.
It's worth noting that since the hotfix that addressed issues with this achievement, the definition of "finding a treasure" seems to be revealing a chest with the extra action button. More importantly, this means that
opening the chests is NOT necessary
and you only need to reveal the chest to increase your progress. This makes it much quicker to move from chest to chest, especially if the one you revealed is in aggro range of a mob.
In situations where more than one chest is revealed with one press of the extra action button, progress will still only increase by one (implying progress is tied to the press of the button specifically).
Don't forget to Track Treasures by right clicking on your minimap and choosing the "Find Treasure" option.
Getting the chests is a lot quicker when you get the True seeing buff from opening chests.
It is RNG, but you can easily get a bunch of chests in the 2mins that it is on you.
The buff can also be refreshed.
1. Gather at least 5 scrying stones
2. Fly to drowned market and fly close to the ground and use the extra action button.
3. Collect the chest, because opening chests gives you buffs. One of them gives you vision on the minimap where the other hidden chests are.
Remember that finding the chest is enough, no need to actually collect it. But you'll want the Arcane vision buff the chest gives.
I think the majority of comments on here are outdated (there have been patches that changed the behavior). So I thought I'd give my experience:
1) I definitely did not see the kind of reward some ppl listing here (like 50 for one scrying stone). I don't know if they're lying or were flying druids (being able to open a chest while in a flight is a huge plus). But I had 7
and got 51 count on the achieve. If you're not a flying druid you have to dismount to use the Scrying Stone and you have to dismount to open the chest.
2) It looked to me like every chest was counting. I also didn't see extras for the few times I found mana pearls, but honestly I wasn't watching my counter much.
3) The biggest annoyance was
showing up randomly when you open a chest. You need him for the rare achieve, but once is enough. Sometimes I had him show up 3 chests in a row. So if you're aggro'd you have to stop and kill him.
4) Not sure flying was helpful. You go so fast you tend to have to backtrack to find the chest.
5) Not sure farming in Drowned Market was a plus either. A lot of mobs and multiple levels. So you could be on the ground and the chest could actually be on a roof. That was always an issue, having to actually find the chest once you pressed the action button.
6) The biggest thing you want to take advantage of is that occasionally when opening a chest you will get the buff
. This gives you 2 mins of the chests showing up on your mini map. Try and use that to your advantage. It was amazing how many more chests would show up on the map than what there seemed to be normally, so not sure if the buff supplied extra chests. Most likely they're just hard to trigger.
Collect at least 2-3
s before you start.
Click on 1
at a time. This generates the
with a 5 minute timer shown in the upper right of the screen with other buffs.
Run around (or ride on the ground) until a
appears in lower-mid screen. Stop. Click on the icon to spawn a chest. The mini-map will show a single yellow dot marking the location.
The blue chests are the same model as the arcane puzzle chests. They sparkle and they’re not hidden.
Sometimes you get the
buff which fills the mini map with yellow dots.
Each dot shows the location of a chest — with a catch. When you reach one of these dots, stop. You won’t see the chest, you’ll see the
icon in lower-mid screen. Click on it to spawn the chest. Check the mini-map to confirm the exact location. Move quickly to the next dot.
Want to pick a good location?
suggests looking at the
(Drowned Market is one place with fewer mobs.)
Keep an eye on the time remaining on the
. Sometimes the time will be extended when you open a chest.
Be prepared to stun/fear local trash. Bring mudwraps, totems, etc.
If you run out of
s, go kill a rare.
s are dropped by 59 rares. See the "Dropped by"
(scroll down). Out in the field, look for npc's with yellow stars, check the Nazjatar war board or find a group farming rares.
What's all this strange stuff I'm looting from the chests?
If you loot a green level 1 item with no apparent purpose, it can often be traded at your base with the murlocs. It will say it lasts less than 24 hours.
's home page see
amazing table (scroll down) showing items that can be swapped with murlocs. Many items require multiple trades with different murlocs. A few items can be purchased for coin.
's hidden wares, buy and wear the
during your transaction.
So...."Good news everyone!" (I betcha you read that in someone's else voice)…
As of last night I can confirm a few tactics that just worked for me and I went from 22/100 to 78/100 in a few short period of time using only 2 stones. Here's what I'd like to share that really helped me and hopefully you all:
- I discovered that moving to fast, even mounted while on the ground, I wasn't getting the Scry button. I saw it more often when I walked and stop ever 10 yards or so.
- Yes you get an immediate credit for initially finding so its not required to open them. Here's my strategy though, keeping opening until you get the mini-map buff which then shows you all the Hidden Treasures with yellow dots. Then just scry and move to the ones close by w/o opening so you save the mini-map buff timer which is very short. You can always go back and open, I did it and then got the buffs again!
- I believe when you have the mini-map buff up, you get a very brief boost of ground speed which allows you to go to another spot fast. For me it seemed like that was case but I'm not 100%...it's perfect though as it allows you to get more faster.
- Ok, so here's my BIG REVEAL...are you ready?...I was able to re-scry the very same chests that I just open using the same 5 minute scry timer! That's right, you read it here first! So using those coordinates below...I went back to the very same locations and BOOM, scry button popped and then a chest. Even better...I GOT CREDIT FOR SCRYING THE SAME LOCATIONS! Wow, how much better can this get, right? That' how I got so many in such a short timer. Now that I'm familiar with about 15-20 spots visually (now the mini-map buff is no longer relevant), I'm going to finish this one next time I get around to it.
- Find locations w/o so many mobs. I eventually settled in the southern area in the Coral Forest. There's a waterfall that begins a tiny pond/lake which is where I'd suggest you start because there are TONS are hidden treasures in a really defined space w/o many mobs. There are maybe 2-6 Naga which I suggest killing so as to not waste you precious 5 minute timer!
- Like stated above, go to the Hanging/Coral Reef area and start at 54:54 and make you way slowly in an "smile" path to 64:52. There are enough here for you to get all 100 in a short period of time.
- Areas like the Drowned Market while maybe having a lot of Hidden Treasures, there are soooo many mobs that I spent more time killing then scrying. Those non-controllable followers don't help when they pull aggro.
- Lastly, sometimes when you successfully scry, the rare Sandcastle will spawn, nice surprise.
I hope this helps you all!
This is nice to do while you have buff from
N'lyeth, Sliver of N'Zoth
active, since mobs don't attack you, so you can reveal chests in peace (unless you have alot of players around).
This is now the final thing I need for
, but I'm having major difficulty with this. I have used three stones so far, but only have 21 chests (average of 7 per stone). I have five more stones saved up, but I'm trying to fix my problems before I waste them on a poor showing. Some have said you can get all 100 chests using only five stones, suggesting that an average of 20 chests per stone is reasonable. Others have flat out said that 10-15 chests per stone is well within reach. I need to up my game... seven per stone is not making me happy. I feel like I am underperforming, and these stones are not easy to get. If I can just double my performance, to 14 chests per stone, then after the five I've got now I should be at 91 total chests. Any advice for me?
Just completed it today ( june 2020 ). It doesn't matter how many items you loot from chest. As you click the extra button, chest appear, then achiv counts it as a one ( you don't even have to open chest ). Took me around 15 minutes, i've used 3 Scrying Stones, i've got around 600 golds from the items i sold after completing achiv.
Completed it today with my 4th
. Beside what is written in comments I can add:
Voice in The Deeps
and its buff
is actually very, very useful.
I started in Zin-Azshari, through Kalmethir and then in direction of Newhome, west of The Drowned Market.
I got 67 chests in one day with 2 stones, basically becasue of RNG. It is 100% worth it to open chests because of buff duration refreshment.
With my first 3 stones I did not get a buff refresh even one time that's why i got like 10-15 chests per stone. But once you get rolling with buff refresh you open like crazy. If you have low ilvl (470-) it is not worth to fight
after your first daily kill, if you see him spawn second+ time, just run away and lose aggro.
For 67 chests opened,
spawned 6 times.
That's basically it, you just need to get lucky to get buff timer refresh or have ton of
PS. There are no magical
vendors.. those only drop from rares or
Once you use one stone wait for about 5-10 minutes before next, to let all the chests respawn.
This achievement took me 3.5 stones (finished with about 3 minutes remaining on my fourth one.) I did this on a Druid with flying, which made it very easy.
Everybody here talking about how far apart the chests are from one another, and how they spent 10 or 20 stones to get a few chests. I've obliterated all the rares of the map for 10 days in a row and got exactly 1 (one) stone. How am I supposed to do this without them? I managed to get 50 chests with just that one stone with the chest waypoints, but I can't try again because the %$&! stones won't drop no matter how.
Comprehensive Nazjatar Guide
[Screenshots containing UI elements are generally declined on sight, the same goes for screenshots from the modelviewer or character selection screen.]
[Please review our
其他 Fanbyte 站点
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte