Windwalker Monk Rotation and Priorities
This section of the Windwalker Monk guide provides an overview of all spec abilities, when and how to use them. This guide is written by This guide is written by
, author/creator of the Monk focused site
, moderator of MMOChampion
. Windwalker in
Rotation & Abilities
Macros & Addons
( if <4 Chi and about to cap energy)
moves up the priority based on how many targets you’ve tagged with Mark of the Crane. See
to learn how to use it.
can be used in place of
for AOE if you don’t need to build stacks in order to allow back-to-back
to generate maximum Chi.
With the legendary,
, be sure to use
a second target within 5s of the first. You must use another ability in between the
casts so you don’t lose
Return to Table of Contents
– Sends out two spirits to attack your target or other targets in the area. Spirits will prioritize other targets over your current target. If there are more than 3 available targets they will bounce around tagging targets to build
stacks. Casting a second time will cause the spirits to converge on your selected target. Use it to stack up
rapidly, or for increased damage when needed. Always keep at least one stack recharging unless there is a prolonged period of increased damage coming up.
– Deals your half your health, modified by Mastery %, in damage after 8s. Use it on cooldown. With Gale Burst, use it as an increase timed with other major damage abilities for maximum damage.
– Absorbs damage you take for 10s and redirects it into a dot that lasts for 6s from the last tick of damage it transferred, up to a maximum of 50% of your health.
–Formerly Surging Mist. Targeted heal, use it to heal yourself or another target.
– For most of your dispelling needs.
– Slows the target by 50%, rarely used, but available if you need it.
– Windwalker CC, incapacitates the target for 1 min.
– Taunts the target. Used to pull bosses to places quickly or to try and game
if you're extra brave (or insane), or for when all else fails and you need to taunt something for another reason.
– Interrupts an enemy's spell cast.
– Used to revive an ally out of combat.
Return to Table of Contents
Mistweaver Monk Rotation and Cooldowns Page
Brewmaster Monk Rotation and Priorities
Beast Mastery Hunter Artifact Challenge Guide
Holy Paladin Artifact Challenge
Retribution Artifact Challenge: The God-Queen's Fury
Warlords of Draenor Druid Changes
Elementals in Draenor: An In-Depth Guide to Elemental Shaman
Wrath Timewalking Guide
Mage Tower Building
Command Center Building
Nether Disruptor Building
Unholy Death Knight Artifact Challenge Guide
Warlords of Draenor Follower Guide
Heirloom Collections Guide
Warlords of Draenor Legendary Ring Guide
Hidden Artifact Weapon Appearances and Effects
Draenor Pathfinder: How To Unlock Flying in Draenor
Cathedral of Eternal Night Dungeon Strategy Guide
Legion Assaults - Defender of the Broken Isles Guide
Pet Battle Dungeon and 7.2 Pets
WoW's 10th Anniversary (November 21 - January 13)
Mists of Pandaria: Cooking Overview
[Enjoying our collection of Guides? Try
to support the site, get an ad-free experience, and get premium features!]
Final Fantasy XI
© 2017 ZAM Network LLC