Windwalker Monk Guide – Legion 7.3.5
[Last updated 2018/01/30，20:02]
Welcome to the Windwalker Monk Guide Overview! Updated to Patch 7.3!
This guide is written by
, author/creator of the Monk focused site
, former moderator of MMOChampion
. Windwalker in
For more Monk discussion, visit their
, or ask our guide writers questions on
For additional class and community Discord links
visit our Discord Servers page
Share your own Windwalker Monk guide or any spec guide using our new
class guide system
Rotation & Abilities
Macros & Addons
Every race except for Goblin, Lightforged Draenei, and Worgen can play a Monk.
Monks can use Fist Weapons, 1H Axes, 1H Maces, 1H Swords, Polearms, and Staves. However, due to a restriction with
, all Windwalkers should use 1H weapons.
Iconic Windwalker Monk abilities:
: Your abilities deal 10% more damage when they are not a repeat of the previous ability.
Special Class Hall Rewards
Monk are on the
Protector Tier Token
, sharing tier tokens with
Tier 19 set:
Reduces the cooldown on Rising Sun Kick by 3 sec.
Using 3 sequentially different abilities grants 2000 Mastery for 10 sec.
Tier 20 set:
When Fists of Fury ends, the critical strike chance of Rising Sun Kick is increased by 50% for 5 sec.
Rising Sun Kick critical strikes reduce the cooldown of Fists of Fury by 2.0 sec.
Tier 21 set:
Two piece bonus:
When you consume Blackout Kick!, you have a 100% chance to generate 1 Chi.
Four piece bonus:
When you gain the Blackout Kick! effect, the damage of your next Blackout Kick is increased by 175%.
Not sure what race to play? Below is a breakdown of each race for this spec among players with updated
. Data is updated once per week.
What Makes Windwalker Special
Windwalker Monks are masters of zen. Their attacks are as fast as lightning and as swift as the wind.
Windwalker Monks use two forms of resources, Chi and Energy. Energy builds up over time and you spend it to use abilities such as
which will also grant you Chi which in turn you can use other abilities such as
Monks have fantastic mobility. Just to name a few mobility abilities they have are
One of the most favorable melee AoE specs. Combo'ing
Unfortunately Windwalker Monks don't have the best defensives. The do have
Windwalker Monks artifact weapons are two
fist weapons. One named Al'burq and the other named Alra'ed.
Monks have a unique mount named
. You float on a cloud.
WIndwalker Monks are a jack of all trades. They have great mobility, they can do decent single target and AoE damage as well.
is a special Monk-only area reachable via
. This area has Monk trainers and many lore-flavored NPCs, as well as quests that teach you the importance of various abilities. Later, the same ability will be used to access our class order hall.
Monks have many vanity glyphs:
makes the Monk bow after Touch of Death,
changes the color of Rising Tiger Kick, and
changes the color of Crackling Jade Lightning.
. Sold by
in Peak of Serenity.
They can acquire and equip the legendary weapons
Changes in Patch 7.3
damage increased by 22%.
Changes in Patch 7.2.5
Damage of most abilities increased by 10%.
maximum stacks reduced to 6 (was 8).
's damage reduced by 10%.
's range increased to 8 yards (was 5) and damage reduced by 20%.
to up to 2 (was 4) nearby targets.
's damage bonus per target reduced to 40% (was 50%) per target.
Windwalker Monks now deal 8% more damage with
Changes in Legion
– Formerly Blackout Kick, now costs 1 Chi (Down from 2). Acts as our filler ability to dump some Chi. Also used to generate stacks for
– Being able to move while channeling (formerly Glyph of the Floating Butterfly) has become baseline. Also requires a 1H weapon, most a non-issue once you get the Artifact,
– No longer provides additional damage, that will be baked in and balanced around. Still adds a Mortal Wounds-esque healing reduction debuff.
– Formerly Spinning Crane Kick. This is one of the biggest changes going into Legion. Rather than costing energy and generating Chi, now it costs 3 Chi. It gains 50% damage for each unique target you hit with
during the previous 15s.
– Formerly Storm, Earth, and Fire and
, with some additional modification. This is the other large change going into Legion. They've removed the individual control and summoning of the spirits. You will always be the Storm (blue) spirit. It now has two charges and a 1.5min cooldown, functioning as our large DPS increasing cooldown. Casting it once will summon the Fire and Earth spirits, if there are multiple targets they will jump to the targets and begin attacking them. Their first priority is tagging multiple targets for
stacks, prioritizing the target you're attacking last. However, if there are only 2 or 3 targets, they will attack and stick to their target. Pressing the button a second time will cause them to converge on your current target and remain there until that target dies or the buff runs out.
– The new Jab, no longer provides Tiger Power, generates 2 Chi for 50 energy, 8% chance to proc a free
. Pretty straightforward Chi generator.
– Formerly Touch of Death. It has moved from a finisher to an opener of sorts, we'll definitely want to be using this basically on cooldown. It is modified by the artifact trait,
which will make its use much more intricate, lining it up with other major CDs for maximum effect.
– Formerly Mastery: Bottled Fury. This will be active for all our hardest hitting abilities since they have cooldowns. It's something to be conscious of, but generally a small step away from a passive.
–Formerly Surging Mist. This will function as our self-heal.
– Provides a 10% movement speed increase to allies within 10 yards. This was formerly part of
Battle Trance – With Multistrike gone, no need to modify how much we get from gear.
Energizing Brew – Now the talent
Empowered Chi – Now baseline.
Empowered Spinning Crane Kick – Now baseline.
Enhanced Roll – Now baseline.
Enhanced Transcendence – Now baseline.
– Beyond an instant heal, this was used to generate Chi before a fight. We're not doing that anymore, which is somewhat a relief, although it certainly hurts our survivability some, as well as the ability to generate Chi when not in melee range.
– Used defensively or offensively to modify
, the loss of this hurts our survivability.
Jab – Now
Legacy of the White Tiger – No need to buff people anymore. *GONG*
Nimble Brew – Use infrequently during PvE encounters, but was very useful when it could be used. This loss hurts our survivability and DPS since we will stay controlled longer.
– Its currently still in the game, but reduced to 0% from 10%. This is used for Blizzard to quickly and easily modify our DPS, however that's not as necessary at the start of the expansion when they can tune all other numbers separately. It also had the movement speed bonus,
, separated from it.
s – Now
Tiger Strikes – With no more Multistrike, this does nothing.
– This was removed in name, but realistically merged with Storm, Earth, and Fire.
Way of the Monk – Fist of Fury requires a 1H weapon now, so no need to balance 2H vs 1H.
Windflurry – Again, no Multistrike means no need for this buff.
– Another hit to our survivability.
– This will be our main source of self-healing while questing, leveling, etc.
– It was testing to be a single target increase when worked into the rotation, but was promptly nerfed. Still functions as a ranged attack if you can't get into melee range. No longer costs energy, but otherwise unchanged.
– For most of your dispelling needs, occasional use in PvE, often just nice to help out the healers. Dispelling your own diseases speeds things up and helps to keep you alive.
– Used to slow a target down. Useful when questing or when a target wants to run away.
– An iconic Windwalker ability to me. Great for a filler, awesome to get from Point A to Point B quickly.
– Occasionally useful in PvE, mostly used for dungeons; specially when undergearing them where CC is paramount.
– Used to pull bosses to places quickly or to try and game
if you're extra brave (or insane), or for when all else fails and you need to kill the target really bad.
– Don't forget to use this. Energy classes never have to wait for regen to res people, help out. It no longer costs energy, so even less excuse not to help res.
– Mostly the same as Warlords, cooldown reduced by Haste.
– Best as a nice round
, the only true
– Interrupting is a necessity, learn it well.
– Great as a offensive or defensive cooldown, use offensively at your own risk. Now has a 20 yard range, otherwise unchanged.
– After the Legion invades, this transports you to the Class Hall. Don't forget to use it a second time to go back or it will get all screwy.
How to Use the Windwalker Monk Guide
Navigate between topics using the guide menu in the upper right hand of each specific guide page.
Follow the database links for more detailed information on spells and items. Our spell pages include many technical details as well as a log of changes for each data build and recent hotfixes.
If you import your character into Wowhead's
and Pin the character, you will get personalized gear recommendations when you browse the items database.
Back to Top
Quick Tips for Melee DPS in Hellfire Citadel
All Transmog Sets for Monks
Legion Monk Class Changes
Mistweaver Monk Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Brewmaster Monk Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Guide to Melee DPS
Blood Death Knight M+ Guide - Legion 7.3.5
Feathermane Hunter Pet Guide
Restoration Shaman Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Warlords of Draenor Druid Changes
Elementals in Draenor: An In-Depth Guide to Elemental Shaman
Island Expeditions in Battle for Azeroth
Azerite Traits and The Heart of Azeroth
Warfronts in Battle for Azeroth
What to do Before Battle for Azeroth
Defeating Algalon: A Preparatory Guide for Herald of the Titans
Warlords of Draenor Follower Guide
Heirloom Collections Guide
Warlords of Draenor Legendary Ring Guide
Hidden Artifact Weapon Appearances and Effects
Draenor Pathfinder: How To Unlock Flying in Draenor
更多来自 Babylonius 的指南
Windwalker Monk Artifact Weapon: Fists of the Heavens – Legion 7.3.5
Windwalker Monk Enchants, Gems & Enhancements – Legion 7.3.5
Windwalker Monk Gear, Tier Sets & BiS – Legion 7.3.5
Windwalker Monk Talents & Build Guide – Legion 7.3.5
Windwalker Monk Rotation Guide – Legion 7.3.5
获取 Wowhead 高级会员
[$1 a month or
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!]
其他 ZAM 站点
Final Fantasy XI
© 2018 ZAM Network LLC