Arcane Mage Rotation and Priorities
This section of the Arcane Mage guide provides an overview of all spec abilities, when and how to use them. This guide is written by Malon, who raids with <Omen> on Emerald Dream EU; his lifelong ambition is to have the Warlock class renamed to 'Fuzzy Cuddlebears'. Find him on
Rotation & Abilities
Macros & Addons
Tips & Tricks
- Marks a target with a rune dealing damage over time to all nearby enemies and then detonating for 20% of the Mage's mana.
Baseline Offensive Abilities
- Deals damage to all enemies around the Mage. Damage and Mana Cost increased by Arcane Charges.
- Spells have a chance to activate Arcane Missiles. Fires missiles at a target. Damage increased by Arcane Charges.
- Consumes all Arcane Charges to deal damage to a target and cleaves to nearby targets based on Arcane Charges. Damage increased by Arcane Charges.
- Deals damage to a single target. Damage and Mana Cost increased by Arcane Charges.
- A raid-wide haste buff. Co-ordinate its use with your group!
- Increases your damage done and reduces your mana costs by 30%.
- Makes your next two
s instant. Baseline as of patch 7.1.5.
- Blocks all damage and cancel most harmful effects, but you are rooted in place. Use to avoid deadly boss abilities.
- A shield that can be pre-cast before starting a fight. Its duration is longer than its cooldown. Use it when you know that you are going to take damage. Absorbs all damage and reduces magical damage taken.
- Reduces your threat against all targets instantly and drops you out of combat. Reduces damage taken by 60% while invisible and for three seconds after reappearing. Taking damage will cancel the effect.
- Use to move around the battlefield quickly and avoid damage.
s you back to where you last Blinked from. Only usable within 10 seconds of casting
s enemy movement speed by 50%.
- Interrupt an enemy target's spell cast
- Turns an enemy target into a sheep. They cannot attack or cast spells while this is active, but damage breaks the effect. Use it to lock down a dangerous target while your group deals with its friends.
- Steal a helpful magical effect from an enemy and gain the benefit from it instead. Always be on the lookout for buffs to steal!
- Lock a group of targets in place. Useful as an escape tool, but make sure that you aren't freezing enemies next to your healer!
- Avoid falling damage
Teleport and Portal spells - Use to send yourself or your group to a major city.
- Create food that will restore health and mana. Hand it out to your allies if they ask for it.
- Increases the Mage's maximum mana and regeneration rate, in addition to Arcane Charge damage bonus based on Mastery Rating
Arcane is built around two rotations, commonly known as ‘burn' and ‘conserve'.The burn rotation is used when you have your cooldowns, specifically
, available. The conserve rotation is used at all other times.
(at three stacks)
Build to four Arcane Charges (
(at four Arcane Charges)
(talent) (at four Arcane Charges)
It is possible to perform a 'mini burn' when using Rune of Power, but Evocation is still on cooldown.
After your burn phase is over (0% mana), use Evocation to return to 100% and enter your conserve phase.
Stay at a high enough mana level that you will be near to 100% when
comes off of cooldown. In practice this will mean hovering between 100% and around 50%. At early gear levels you will probably need to Arcane Barrage before reaching four Arcane Charge stacks.
(at four Arcane Charges or three
(if no Arcane Missiles stacks)
(talent) (at four Arcane Charges)
Note that the above are priority lists, not rotations.
Arcane has poor cleave damage. The most reliable way to damage between one and three targets is to use
and continue your single target rotation. As of patch 7.1.5,
use should be limited to AoE situations.
Switch to using area-of-effect damage when attacking four targets or more, if they are grouped together. Note that you must be in melee range to use
, meaning that it is sometimes advisable to simply stay away and use other spells.
(at four Arcane Charges) (talent)
(if using a burn rotation)
(if using a conserve rotation)
Back to Top
Fire Mage Rotation and Priorities
Ranged DPS Overview - Tips and Specs
Frost Mage Rotation and Priorities
Feathermane Hunter Pet Guide
Warlords of Draenor Druid Changes
Elementals in Draenor: An In-Depth Guide to Elemental Shaman
Restoration Shaman Overview
Warlords of Draenor Death Knight Changes
Black Temple Timewalking Loot and Transmogrification Guide
Timewalking Raid Guide: The Black Temple
Glory of the Tomb Raider Achievement Guide
Goroth Tomb of Sargeras Raid Strategy Guide
The Desolate Host Tomb of Sargeras Strategy Guide
Warlords of Draenor Follower Guide
Heirloom Collections Guide
Warlords of Draenor Legendary Ring Guide
Hidden Artifact Weapon Appearances and Effects
Draenor Pathfinder: How To Unlock Flying in Draenor
Fire Mage Artifact Challenge
Frost Mage Talents
Fire Mage Talents
Frost Mage Overview
Frost Mage Artifact Challenge
获取 Wowhead 高级会员
[$1 a month or
to enjoy an ad-free experience, unlock premium features, and support the site!]
其他 ZAM 站点
Final Fantasy XI
© 2017 ZAM Network LLC